Saturday, 17 May 2014

I'm heart broken


Freya 


who I picked from Laura's last  litter has been causing such friction with the other cats 


It began after Caro died, Is it because we have and odd number of cats now? 
Or is is because Freya wants to be the dominant "Top Cat"?


 I soo fell in love with Freya and when we decided to stop breeding (one of the reasons we stopped was because It did my head in having to move  the older cats on and I just couldn't do it again)


I picked Freya 



- and Brent picked her littler sister Magica who Freya is absolutely dealing to - talk about dislike your sister.


Freya also has taken a dislike to Cinders and is beating her up - Poor old Cinders who has soo missed Caro
 

Freya hasn't taken on Lordy - she did take her  mother Laura on and Laura won that fight But gee Laura is the Top Cat but this young whipper snapper Freya is trying to be it.


So with a heavy heart and my ego put away I'm rehoming Freya. 
I know there are other awesome animal lovers who with the right home (no other cats and no dogs) will give Freya a good home. But it is awfully hard doing it!


I have all the cats in the boarding cattery for now and Freya is by herself in one run.
 She doesn't care at all.
Which totally confirms my decision, she wants to be an only cat.


So if you know of an awesome family who are animal lovers send them to her Trade Me listing - I have a home in mind for Freya and if they have no other cats or dogs, live in a quite street, prepared to keep her in at night and during the day if not home, get them to contact me. (I'm picky of where she is to go and already said no to 3 people who have rung me)

16 comments:

  1. Hugs, with tears ,as I think of your decision. XXX Jean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am amazed at how happy she is by herself - I worried all night about her and in the morning she was totally relaxed.

      Delete
  2. Oh how sad. I so wish I had room for one more cat. Good luck with finding her a new home.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - we just know the right home will come for her but man I wished they would all just get along and she could stay.

      Delete
  3. She looks and sounds like a gorgeous cat with a special personality, a bit like our Boris. Definitely sounds like she needs a home where there are no other animals and owners who will adore her. A hard decision for you but I think you have made the right one. They are beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks yes very hard to actually do - I knew for a while it had to happen so the last rumble I just came in and did it.- put her on Trade me.

      Delete
  4. Oh Leanne, that's hard, I wish I could help you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does my head in that sometimes animals just won't get along.

      Delete
  5. It is with a heavy heart you've made this decision Leeane.
    But I agree with you Freya is a one cat family cat by the sounds of things.
    I wish I could take her but I'm working 3 days now and she would be lonely.
    There are grey Burmese looking cats next door and they could be a problem too..... it's a blow as I haven't had a cat since my Ziggy tabby passed away.
    Good luck!
    Warm hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shane she would be fine with you working 3 days a week. Whose to know if any other cats in the area would be a problem for all we know it is the other cats that start the issues maybe they call her names?

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. we say no too knowing Teddy smile.

      Delete
  7. It's tough isn't it. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I never thought I'd have to ever do this again SIGH!

      Delete
  8. A difficult time but the right home will be out there for your beautiful Freya. I feel sure that some animals can be on the autistic spectrum and find it hard to relate with others. We once had a young pony like that and had to make a difficult decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that IS something to learn about. I'm so amazed at how Freya is NOT fretting for the other cats and is soo happy in her own run. As hard as it is for ME I know that there are many other people who love animals and will give her a wonderful home as an only pet.

      Delete

I