Sunday, 18 May 2014

A sunny Autumn Saturday


Oh my it was soo good to see the sun - it meant all the washing is up to date
Don't yea just love my new wooden pegs? I'm meant to be buying fancy shoes as my doc's just won't cut going out to dinner.- Wooden pegs are more fun to buy than fancy shoes.


Most New Zealand families hang their washing out on the line. At our place now with autumn in full swing the sun goes behind the trees by 2pm - not good for a girls washing!


We had a greedy little Englishman visit at dinner time for the cats so we sneaked him some of the cat's mince.



Man he smacks his lips - his mother would be horrified I am sure that we caught it on video to show you.


Movie....


The day was finished with the movie of one of our families favourite books The Book Thief
Watching a movie after reading a good book can be disappointing but we didn't find that with this movie, yes some parts are missed out but to condense a book into a movie that has to happen.4/5 from our family.


Linking up to Saturday's critters

17 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo and video of hedgehog :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I soo love my camera and just had to record the hedgehog smacking his lips lol

      Delete
  2. What a cute little visitor you had and I love the images of the new pegs with those pretty quilts, so colorful! I haven't read the book or seen the movie but I really like Geoffrey Rush so will get both. It looks like a very powerful story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! I liked your pegs, enjoyed the colourful quilts, LOVED the video and overall, just plain had a great read. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I love my pegs too and not want to find a lovely willow basket to keep them in

      Delete
  4. Wooden pegs are cool! I have bundles tied with torn plaid fabrics.......just cause!
    Wonderful weekend here too. We don't bother hanging our washing on the line this time of the year, no sun on the line, it all gets hung in the garage. One big pot of vege soup on & roasting pumpkin, kumera, parsnip, onion & garlic to make another soup.
    Happy sunny Sunday to you & yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snap I was cooking soup too - must be that time of year

      Delete
  5. i just watched the book thief the other day....SIGH!...it was wonderful. geoffrey rush is always brilliant! and that little girl wash gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen clothes pegs like that since I was a child. Such pretty quilts, did you make them? That hedgie is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quilts are for in the cattery for the farm stay guests. They are cheat quilts - premade panels all I had to do was hem them. They wash well and the cats love them

      Delete
  7. Adorable hedgehog! The quilts are super pretty too. My daughter would love the owls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh your daughter would love Peter Alexander's Owl PJ's - Abbey brought some. - They are such fun!

      Delete
  8. I want to see that movie! Love the hedgehog (we do not have them over here....). Adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cute lip smacking critter. Your quilts are beautiful. Great photos and video.. I am just catching up after being away. Thank you for sharing your post with Saturday's Critters.. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete

I