Friday, 23 May 2014

a beautiful autumn day


We are having a beautiful mild autumn, the mornings are pure delight walking down to cattery


The very first bunch of sweet violets for the season were picked for a friend yesterday. picking a bunch of violets takes time - a beautiful way to be totally in the moment. I always feel it is rather special when you are picking flowers from your garden for someone as I pick I'm thinking of the person they are for. A bit like making a quilt for someone - I always think of the person I'm making the quilt for as I sew


Geraldine and Gus


The flowering cherry trees are all changing colour up the driveway -


The neighbours horse and I are becoming good friends


 Plenty of berries for the native birds.


The rhododendron is flowering again - the tree is over 100 years old and was moved with our villa so its rather special.

 Still plenty of grass for the sheep who hopefully are in lamb


about 3 more maple leaves are left on the tree.


Aww this is the life.


16 comments:

  1. i can't wait for fall! i just came in from gardening. it is already too hot to stay out there. i love the shot of mack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could imagine how horrible it would be outside in your summers.

      Delete
  2. A stunning autumn day here too, our Cherry Trees have coloured leaves, and so many branches are totally bare. A lovely time of the year, chimney smoke, leaves falling, autumn flowers in deep colour, and those spring bulbs showing tips already in the grassy areas and garden .Mack, one beautiful photo, print and frame for sure. Cheers to all at your home, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hasn't it been a mild autumn - fingers crossed the temps will be mild in winter too

      Delete
  3. Your day looks lovely, but for us in England we don`t want autumn to come again too soon. Summer has just begun and the countryside is full of different shades of green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww spring and summer my fav time of year -

      Delete
  4. awww...I just ADORE that last photo! Happy Autumn-Friday, Leanne{{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was soo pleased Mack stayed the way he was while I zoomed in and got the camera

      Delete
  5. Love the photo of Mack. What are those oval, orange berries?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've forgotten I'll ask Brent he has told me before but I forget.

      Delete
  6. Lovely post Leanne.....happy Autumn days to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. the one big spoilt boy - he is getting what ever he wants to eat as often as he wants to keep the weight on him

      Delete
  8. oh so pretty! I do love autumn and the colors that it brings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. here it is mainly green but we do have some deciduous trees that give the autumn look. We are planing a trip to Queenstown hopefully next autumn to really see autumn in NZ

      Delete

I