Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Samhain

The wheel of the year turns again Autumn, Winter, Spring, Summer - fading, death,birth, growth, 
Samhain is seen as 'autumn's end' and the beginning of winter, the eve of the new year, the onset of the dark phase of the year.

Samhain eve is the night that the veil between our Earth plane and the “Otherworld” is at it’s thinnest. A 'spirit night' a time to remember those who have passed onto the “Otherworld” and are no longer with us in the physical body.


Brent's dad feeding our dobermans (we bred them before kids) I often reflect on all our past animals at this time too. (I secretively hope to have another doberman one day- a nice little black n tan girl)


Brent's mum feeding her magpie and Dougal the cat. 


It is also the last harvest before winter sets in. 
Growing, gathering & eating to season makes one aware of the turn of the wheel.

Not all our walnuts but some we forage on our walks. - Our family loves to forage!


Stella and I are toasty and warm in the dining/kitchen/computer area with the fire (I love a real fire best part of autumn and winter)
 James said his boots were nice to put on this morning the steel cap toes get nice and hot  Hasn't he got a good mummy who gets up early, makes his lunch, lights the fire and makes sure his boots are nice and toasty.

Happy Beltane to all in the Northern hemisphere.

(sorry been quite in the blog world, I'm studying hard should get my 2nd to last assignment in today)

5 comments:

  1. Lovely words Leanne, and the thin veil will allow so many of us to reach through and see our family again, either parents, sisters, brothers, or beloved cats, dogs or other ones. Memories always. Hugs to all at your home, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. merry samhain! i love the sound of those words! it was a cool rainy day today so i could almost pretend it is fall...not really! so loving of you to do all that for james. nothing gives me greater joy than taking care of my family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A blessed Samhain to you and your family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it is Spring over here but that fire still looks inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could easily take autumn again, one of my favorite seasons! It's been a wet cold spring and when we do get the odd nice day, we drink it in!! Still raining here.

    ReplyDelete

I