Saturday, 19 April 2014

Grocery Grab winner

Photo source Countdown

My mum has won a grocery grab with Countdown. The Countdown lady phoned her and said  she has 3 minutes to run around the supermarket and get as much as she can. Mum said she couldn't do that as she is 80.  Countdown was wonderful and  said one other person can fill the trolley and mum has asked me to be her person. Mum has to push the trolley and I can be the filler upper.

What fun!

The other conditions are no alcohol and only two of any one item


I picked mum up and we went and cased out her local Countdown to see where everything is.and worked out our route. For mum I thought the easiest route was to just do the outer isles. -The plan is to head straight to the meat and do a meat grab - then for mum to park the trolley outside isle 2



and I'll run and grab chocolates for them - mum tells me dad likes Whittaker's chocolate.


 Zoom straight down to Isle 10 and again mum wait with trolley while I run and get cleaning products.
 Run down to deli and get butter and

 Photo source Mainland cheese.

Mainland tasty cheese (the only item mum said she would like to get and she said I should try it).Since this is the only item mum has asked I try and really get Abbey wondered if getting all the different sizes of cheese would count as different items.

Then run to freezer and get frozen chicken. I think we will be doing really well to do all of that in 3 minutes.

What would you grab if you had 3 minutes to do a grocery grab?

20 comments:

  1. How exciting for you & your mom. It was nice of the store to let you do the grabbing for your mom. Very smart to case the store & plot your strategy.
    If I were ever so lucky I would also go for the meat, cheese, nuts, frozen seafood, hams & laundry detergent as I think they are the most expensive items I would use. That rule of no more than 2 of a specific item will really force you to cruise along each case. Does your mom have a freezer to store all her winnings? What a great memory for you & your mom .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Countdown actually told mum to go in and work out a route and the lady said try and get a ham. But when we looked there were no hams. Yes mum has a freezer and hopes the meat grab will fill it for them.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I think its going to be hugly funny - and no doubt I'll grab some crazy things.

      Delete
  3. Oh gosh, what fun. I always wonder when I see these promos if anyone really wins them! I think your choices are really good. Looking forward to seeing the trolley load.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes me too I've always wondered who wins all the competitions (i always enter any I see)

      Delete
  4. I'm with abbey. I would get a clarification of the rules before they day just to make sure. How much fun will it be. Get your running shoes on and yes if allowed I'd be in the meat section and cheese section and even chocolate section. Write a list and memorise it lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will clarify the cheese rules since that is the only item mum said she wants. Oh and Whittkers chocolate brand for dad -

      Delete
  5. oh what fun! someone should take a video! i would just load my whole cart with butter! cooking for the shelter takes lots of butter and it is expensive! i guess butter and meat! have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO WAY I'm not wanting any video how embarrassing. I'm hoping any media photos I won't have to be in. Yes you would go through an awful lot of butter with all your cooking.

      Delete
  6. Oh wow!! This is going to be heaps of fun for you & your Mum! I think I would get meat & cat food! :-) And maybe razors for hubby & those monthly women products, they sure don't get any cheaper!
    Enjoy & have fun! I reckon you will be running!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I'm gonna run - the plan is to keep mum still with trolly and not come down isles I'll just whip in and fill up my shirt with goodies (as I do in the garden when picking produce) and then run to trolley and drop the goods in and off I run again LOL. Well thats the plan if it happens is another thing.

      Delete
  7. What a plan! Have fun!!! I'd stock up on all my gf baking flours, baking needs, butter would be a good one, cereals, best add chocolate to that too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes I'd run straight to the GF flours too!!

      Delete
  8. How great and good of Countdown to let you do the grabbing. Hope you post a photo of what you get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I thought it was wonderful of Countdown to let me do the running for mum. I won;t be taking my camera or handbag but will try and get a grand photo when we get it home to mums. Once in a lifetime event me thinks

      Delete
  9. Good Choices! Unfortunately I am still boycotting Countdown. I even have a voucher they sent that I have not redeemed. If I am going to have principles I have to stick to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you could use your voucher and buy items for a food bank or animal shelter so you can still stick to your principles.

      Delete
  10. I would love this! I remember seeing it years ago on a show and it looked so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm terribly nervous - and excited too. I hope I can do a good grab for mum and dad it will be wonderful for them living on a pension to have their freezer full and some treat foods to enjoy.

      Delete

I