Wednesday, 9 April 2014

Day 8 - Rewild your life -

Today's challenge was spending time outdoors looking at the night sky 


It was cloudy tonight - so I'm sharing some AMAZING photos taken by Mark Gee a New Zealand Photographer who kindly shares his work -


Another of Mark Gee's photos The Milky Way above the Wairarapa in New Zealand. From left to right you can see the towns of Masterton, Carterton, Greytown, Martinborough and a faint glow from Featherston.

If you love Mark Gee's photos - click over to his facebook page and show your appreciation by "liking" his page. You will be gob smacked at the amazing photos he shares.



Here's a few photos I snapped Saturday -the  last evening before daylight saving ended


A zoom in of the quarter moon from the Southern Hemisphere -in the Northern hemisphere the moon is seen flipped ie the crescent moon faces left instead of right

5 comments:

  1. so you look at the moon from the other side? here i go again! totally confused. those pics are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark Gee is so talented, and your photos right up there too. Enjoy your day #9 coming up. Cheers, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes he is aye. did you see he is nominated for an award? follow this link http://pv.webbyawards.com/2014/online-film-video/general-film-categories/viral/full-moon-silhouettes
      then follow the Back To Ballot link. click on his Full Moon Silhouettes and a pop up button will come so you can vote. I sure hope he wins.

      Delete
  3. I so love your camera. It's much less bulky than my big one. I just might have to get one like yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really thrilled with my camera - the detail in my moon shot is amazing aye - and I just stood and zoomed in - no tripod nothing fancy just aim and shoot.

      Delete

I