Friday, 4 April 2014

A new quilt to make.


My friends daughter is turning 21. She said she would love a quilt made especially for her.


(she is on the left and  Abbey is on the right - they are a month apart - gosh those 21 years have gone soo fast) by the way Abbey can't believe those hats were in fashion.

 As she lives now in the South Island emails have been going three ways via her, her mum and I trying to choose a pattern. 


She chose Teaberry and Stars quilt (isn't it pretty) - click on link for the free pattern.
Next was to choose fabric and get the right tones she likes - she likes rustic old fashioned/ modern look so the best thing was to send her to her local  quilt shop  to choose.some fat quarters.

She went in looking for reds and came out with 


Beige and duck egg blue. Didn't she choose well!

As her mum reads the blog I've decided to not show any updates or progress of the quilt so it can be a BIG surprise (they know how I can keep any secret except my own so I bet they think I will weaken)

I can say the quilt is started and I am sewing tonight - Friday night


Linking up with Friday Night with Friends 

9 comments:

  1. Great pattern - happy sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh it is SOOO good to play with fabric - I've missed it.

      Delete
  2. look at those two! how cute! you mean, you didn't save that hat? haha! i can't wait to see the quilt. what could be better than a homemade quilt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abbey was very please I didn't keep the hats. It's going to be terribly hard not showing any quilt updates.

      Delete
  3. Nice colors, not completely girly and not unmasculine either. Good choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought she did well.... BUT it doesn't mean I have to use the fabric giggle - it has given me colour choices to go with. Love Leanne

      Delete
  4. Cute pattern! I remember those hats I made my two girls one each.........!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww you clever girl making them - I brought mine.

      Delete
  5. Pretty fabric and pattern. My daughter just turned 21 the end of March...they grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete

I