Thursday, 13 March 2014

Yarn Along


Abbey has started a pair of gloves for herself


Whoop whoop she found New Zealand wool!




She was going to start a cardy but as she really really would dearly love to win this wool 

She has started on the fingerless gloves from Never not knitting. as a project needs to be completed to enter the drawing of all that beautiful wool.
Now if only her body would oblige and let her knit.
A great little video has been made about what it is like living with Fybro and ME

Books...


I sure wish I had some spare time to really read Lynda Hallinan's book a fab review of  Back to the Land. A Year of Country Gardening can be found here. .

Building Steel Guitars...

James is at it again building another guitar in his limited spare time

Linking to Yarn Along.

11 comments:

  1. Good luck on winning the wool. I saw that giveaway too and had to chain my wrists to my chair to prevent myself from casting on yet another project in hopes that I may win. What a stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck abbey, sending you my spoons for the duration xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lets hope she get the entry finished in time as it sure is a wonderful sash! xxxx hope you doing ok!!

      Delete
  3. those gloves are to die for! is this a custom job for james? i went out and bought horse troughs today to use as raised planters. i am so excited to see if these will work for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the raised planters - feel a tad envious you are thinking spring and we are heading in to being tucked up.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for showing the label of Abbey's wool, I'm always on the look out for genuine NZ WOOL! I lovewhat she is doing with them. I have wondered about Lynda's book, she is always an entertaining and practical author. Neat to see both your kids being as practical and handy as their parents :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NZ wool is hard to find! CRAZY!!! I do wish to own Lynda's book as I won;t get it all read in time for library renewal..

      Delete
  5. lovely beginnings of knitting, and in a great colorway! I love that kind of musty green :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're all busy beavers aren't you! Good luck with the knitting Abbey, hope you get them done and win the wool. Is it not easy to find NZ wool here anymore? Guitar is looking great too James.....

    ReplyDelete

I