Wednesday, 5 March 2014

Noooooooooo

Summer has just suddenly GONE. The poor old tomatoes haven't fully ripened yet, the hops needs gathering and the beans are also getting a shock of the sudden change in weather.
For many New Zealander's March the 1st is officially the change of season from summer to autumn. But I hang out until the Autumnal Equinox which is 21st March this year at 5.56 am Wellington  New Zealand time.  Stonehenge Aotearoa celebrates the Autumn Equinox. We hope the weather will be fine for a bonfire here at our place - nothing like a good old burn up.

In the northern hemisphere they will be farewelling winter and welcoming spring.



Feeling cold and being in a nourishing food phase, I had a little spend up and pre ordered my copy of The Nourished Kitchen.. I'm really loving the new way to shop AKA on line and the marketing/launching of new books. 

6 comments:

  1. With our summer coming in late then hitting us like a ton of bricks I never bothered with a veggie garden this year. First time in I don't know how long. It's still warmish today but storms are predicted. It's been a mixed bag and I'm wondering what winter will bring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. our summer hasn't been well summer lots of windy days. SO GASP the cold snap is like nooooooo. I'm tucking up one garden for winter to try and build up the soil for next spring. But still have one garden to play with - must of been weird having no garden

      Delete
  2. spring is about to sneak in here a bit this weekend. it is getting lighter all the time here now. whatever it is about the sun that energizes people, it has the opposite effect on me. i feel like it saps my strength. i am trying very hard to handle it better this year. i will try to enjoy each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know - bang winter time!!! Crazy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. looks like today might be warmer - but I've already packed away most of my summer clothes and pulled out autumn ones - very early this year indeed. Hope your new place is warm!

      Delete

I