Monday, 10 March 2014

Jolly Pukeko


Well I'd never of thought a pukeko would want to get into the hops.


The land is in need of rain everything is drying off. Bruno the male kiwifruit vines leaves have all of a sudden browned and crinkled we are pouring on the water. We are new to kiwfruit growing so learning as we go re kiwifruit.

The hops are ready I had a little taste yesterday - once they are bitter its time to get cracking and harvest

Dried hops will once again go in sleep pillows and this year we are making it a priority to brew our own home brew

Linking up to Mosaic Monday

7 comments:

  1. Hi Leanne,

    Well, I'm not at all surprised why your indigo breasted pukeko would want to wander into the hops; they're so very beautiful and bursting with promise of sweetness!

    Thanks for the lovely photos! Have a wonderful week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could your jolly pukeko resist? You have the welcoming bird table out, and fruit and beer on offer!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely mosaic. Such a colourful bird, the pukeko. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cute Pukeko, I had to look up what kind of bird it was. It looks a lot like our Swamphens. How cool to brew your own beer. Great post, thanks for sharing. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo, I love the scent of hops! Makes me think of Summer. :) Kit

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is the first time I've seen hops growing up close. My hubby likes to brew his own beer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Pukeko knows a good thing or two!! Super hops, those plants have grown so well this summer. Cheers, Jean,

    ReplyDelete