Monday, 17 March 2014

Harvesting and seed saving time


Harvest moon is nearly here - the final full moon of summer. 
The last of the summer harvest is being gathered
.

It always is a HUGE BUZZ to crack open a pumpkin and know it is going to be a good one.
The seeds of this pumpkin are being saved for next years planting.


and the seeds of the Isle of Capri tomatoes.

Farm Stay Guests.

 Beau and Sienna went home today - their run has been all cleaned ready for Leonardo and Bella to arrive.

 Omar and Coco enjoy rolling in the bird seed that the birds flick into the run... 
What will their mum and dad say! 
But they are staying at a farm stay and one just can't keep tidy on a farm.


A few comments from yesterday said how BIG sterling is


Yes sterling is a big built lad..

Linking up to Mosaic Monday

10 comments:

  1. I used to save seeds every year from my pumpkins and tomatoes. I had enough pumpkins for the whole "hood" for years. Then we moved. A much smaller place now and very few plantings ... herbs mostly. Love the kitties and Sterling is very impressive! ;) Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there is nothing like saving your own seeds aye. I was rather ticked off when the geese family ate all my beans they had been my seeds for years - so this year was back to a new bean source. I learnt never to plant all of my seeds but keep some for just incase.

      Delete
  2. This summer for the first time in a long time, I didn't have a garden. I just couldn't move when it was time to plant. I'm Hopeing my winter garden makes up for it. Your garden has keep me going this summer. Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not got my autumn garden in - haven't been able to work in it - I just wail missing Molly. Maybe once the harvesting is all finished and a clean slate I'll be right - but sooo hard as Molly goat loved to help harvest. Brent has been and organised us some new sheep so that might help.

      Delete
  3. sterling is ginormous! ok....i will be there tomorrow! save a pumpkin for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bonfire on Saturday! weather permitting

      Delete
  4. My hubby has saved some tomato seeds from last year, I am looking forward to some sweet cherry tomatoes. Sterling is a little chunky, but so cute! Have a happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are savouring the tomatoes that are still growing! Nothing like home grown toms is there. Yes Sterling is a big lad smile.

      Delete
  5. I save seeds from year to year. We are still buried under snow. I am starting my tomatoes indoors in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh I bet you are looking forward to spring and the thaw and then summer garden. I'm trying to appreciate winter each year... trying....

      Delete

I