Friday, 7 March 2014

Buckwheat and Kombucha update


Since we have lots of buckwheat left and it is so very good for you....


Buckwheat is being tried again in the home but not as a sprouted muesli (no way never again BLECH shudder)

Photo source My New Roots

Buckwheat's second chance is with Chunky Chocolate Buckwheat Granola (aka called muesli here in NZ)
It is a My New Roots recipe that she shared on her blog yesterday.
Will let you know if I've changed my mind on buckwheat.

 Oh and psssst the Kombucha is so far looking good (The SCOBY a symbiotic colony of bacteria and yeasts) is behaving just as it should be. - (my family are not impressed so far they think I'm CRAZY)

5 comments:

  1. tell your family they can come to my house to eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyce,
      We are pretty impressed with your cooking. Perhaps we could work out a special air freight consignment from the US until the menu here changes - Brent

      Delete
  2. I'll be interested to heart how the granola works Leanne. A friend of mine who is a wonderful baker made a lemon curt tart with buckwheat pastry recently and it was a thumbs down on the pastry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lets just say I'm still not a fan of buckwheat. But Abbey liked it - the boys didn't try it

      Delete
  3. Maybe it is just as well that I am very behind in all my blog reading - maybe I would've jumped in and tried that sprouting buckwheat!! As flour it is ok and as grouts in muesli it has been good too - I have qall the ingredients necessary for the chocolate muesli so something for me to try - thanks for sharing the link :-) (it's been nice to have a little catch up read!)

    ReplyDelete

I