Saturday, 8 February 2014

spinning





The wheel of life is rapidly turning and changing. 
January 2014 has started off with a real BANG
I feel like I'm chasing my tail much more than normal that's why you're not getting daily posts

but I've got a few new tools to help me.



What a big kid - I've always wanted one of these.
Ohhh the things I can label whoop whoop




Oh my  Bullet Journal SWOON

Isn't it just AWESOME how what you need comes along just when you need it.

I have missed going outside daily and taking photos for the blog - it stills my mind walking about taking photos of the plants, critters and sky.

 I've missed looking after cats boarding (we had no cats this week, a first all year ).
 Cleaning the cattery runs and petting the cats is something I rather enjoy
 puts me in a meditative state of being in the now -
bit like why I love weeding.
It makes me stop and do one thing and be in the moment.

What makes you slow down and be in the here and now?



12 comments:

  1. Love the look of that bullet journal, I'll go to the site later.

    When I saw "spinning' in the title I thought you had taken up spinning as well as everything else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I haven't come across it before. So perfect for my personality. Let me know how you find it I've a lovely Kikki K book (http://www.kikki-k.com/ do you have kikki k over there?) and it is perfect for it. Spinning is still on my bucket list to spin the wool off our sheep and knit Brent a jumper one day...

      Delete
  2. Piecing a quilt is the best for me, sadly it doesn't happen enough.
    It's tricky in life to get a balance, you are very busy with your studies, so I imagine you are trying to fit much into your days.
    Take care, bloggy hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MMM oooh piecing quilts is such fun - I have one to start soon a 21st gift, she just has to choose her fabric and we are in business. Will start after March and it is wonderful to sew on a rainy day. Off to New Plymouth next week so way busy getting revision done before naturopath workshop assessment GULP..

      Delete
  3. The wheel seems to be stuck here, it's just hot hot hot. I can't believe your leaves are changing colour. Please that that mean autumn will e ere soon. I've had it with this extreme weather. Knitting, crochet,quilting and doing my stitcheries help me be I. The now. It's getting harder though as I keep thinking what do we need to organise next as October is looming before us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had a random summer lots of wind and rain and cooler temps too - so I'm a tad sad to see the leaves change does seem very early with lots of signs of autumn. Feb is often more summery so fingers crossed we gets some more awesome days in yet. Oh I bet Oct will feel it's not very far away for you. Love Leanne

      Delete
  4. cooking does it for me. i tune out and just go through the motions and find my zen! it is freaking freezing here right now. i am in bed with duvets piled on me and i am wearing two sweatshirts, wooly socks, sweatpants and a scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smile I just knew cooking would be your zone out time. So do you still prefer winter over summer??

      Delete
  5. Probably reading or weeding. They both have a "settling" effect for me. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i do miss leisure reading I am trying to get a day at the beach to sit, read and swim hasn;t happened yet. Weeding and playing in the dirt settles me too.

      Delete
  6. Right now watching the Olympics makes me calm, happy and proud all at once. :) Kit

    ReplyDelete

I