Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Pinching myself


I got here!
 I'm still pinching myself that I am doing this,
 making a career choice at nearly 50 yep its the big 50 this year. 
In my 20's I was a bank manager
my 30's and 40's a homeschooling mum
and  my 50's, 60's, 70's the plan is to be a naturopath.




Squeal I can take BP's
Giggle.
Wait till I get home my friends are going to be so OVER me practising on them


 I am the  only one with grey hair in the class possibly because I'm the oldest in the class and don't dye my hair (yea all know how I'm gonna be telling you how nasty the chemicals are in hair dye are aye smile) 
(PSst Chelsea Abbey found me a Practical Magic hat similar to yours.)


I often think  I'll stop blogging but then I get a wonderful email from a blog reader (happens every single time I think it's time to stop). I do hope sharing on the blog with you all  does inspire you - be it to have a major life change like going back to study, raising/growing your own food, taking time each month to capture the full moon with your camera, and especially to speak your truth, and be you!


I really could get used to the life of coming home and having my meal all cooked for me


Abbey made Spicy roasted cauliflower with fresh fruit salad.
She's having a good week - sooo sooo greatful! 

18 comments:

  1. this is all so exciting. never stop blogging!!! it's going to take me another 20-30 years to figure out how you have summer in the winter...haha!! glad you are having such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pressure smile. Been trying to work out how I should incorporate naturopath business... but I'm just not really a business like person more well just me empathy is one of my strengths. . I'm wanting to run the natuopath business from home so Brent and I are still talking on how best to approach this new stage in my life.

      Delete
  2. Here you are I finally came looking as the other site wasn't showing up in my reader anymore.
    Love the hat , I have the same one , can not wait to use it again ~
    won't be soon lol as we just had another blizzard here in New England .
    Take care ,
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you found us. I'm hoping to have lots of use of that hat but autumn is a coming fast - we have had a crazy summer not the hottest. I sure hope we don't follow your cold winter. Keep warm!!

      Delete
  3. Living the Dream you are Leanne, you are an inspiration to so many! Enjoy your week...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I still pinch myself to think me at nearly 50 is doing this. I sure hope to earn enough money so when Brent retires I can keep him since he has kept me for all these years.

      Delete
  4. I'm so proud of you! And rest assured, I gave up coloring my hair decades ago. It is a lovely salt and pepper. Yours looks divine too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you - and yea another member of the grey club

      Delete
  5. Your hair doesn't look grey. Mine is very much salt and pepper and I notice more "salt" every time I have it cut. Used a colour rinse at school when it was banned but have not coloured my hair since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chuckle you rebel you! I am thinking of cutting my hair short to let the grey on top catch up with the long bits.

      Delete
  6. Was going to say you are an inspiration and please don't stop blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks.Brent and I are talking about what way to target the blog and naturopath business

      Delete
  7. Keep up the hard work, you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is hard work studying - my brain gets quite sore at times. SMILE. But I am loving the learning and journey sooo worth it

      Delete
  8. You go for it girl! I changed from teaching to our tiny art business at 45, you can do this you are made for it. BTW you actually have me toying (just toying) with the idea of following in your footsteps. If I did it would mean for my 60s, 70s and 80s!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SQUEAL!!! OOOh keep me up to date of what you decide. I keep reminding myself of many inspirational woman made life changes as they aged - Louise Hay wrote her first book at about age 65, Sister Loyola studied organic gardening in her 80's http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/wellington/9564884/The-honourable-gardener. Laura Ingalls wrote her first book at 63. Such inspirational women!

      Delete
  9. How exciting and wonderful to be doing what your heart calls you to do. Good for you, and may it all go well! In my book 'Growing into Wisdom' I talk about finding our soul work in our 50s. That's exactly what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! And my soul is singing loud n clear. SMILE

      Delete

I