Wednesday, 19 February 2014

Mount Taranaki


Taranaki means 'Gliding Peak'. Māori legend recounts how Taranaki - who once lived with the other great volcanoes (Tongariro, Ruapehu and Ngauruhoe) - was banished after falling in love with Tongariro's wife, a smaller volcano called Pihanga. As Taranaki travelled west towards the setting sun, his path of tears carved out the Whanganui River. According to legend, Taranaki is hiding his tears when cloud covers the mountain. 

Just a quick hello - I'm off to get my nose in books as an exam today. Learning the massage component of the naturopath course has totally put me out of my comfort zone. For a non touchy person - learning massage is not something I would of chosen to learn. I've surprised myself on just how much I've enjoyed learning the muscles and massage techniques. 



There is something wonderful having a person on the table that goes ahhhhhhhhh and relaxes from your hands. Wish me luck for the exam. 

Massage is the study of anatomy in braille.

 ~ Jack Meagher

8 comments:

  1. Good luck leanne! i am sure you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just scrolled back to read your 'Naki' posts.....great your there wearing the 'big girls pants' scary, exciting all wrapped into one big adventure! Good luckxxxxx.........p.s I'm in the going grey club too.....mmm I'm way more grey than you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea another grey gal. (i've a hat on the grey is at the top keep tossing if to have a cut short and let the grey catch up...

      Delete
  3. All the best for your exam, Leanne..I'll be thinking of you Love that quote! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ta, isn;t the quote fab! I sure admire folks who have a way with words.

      Delete
  4. Good luck in your studies! I have always enjoyed a great massage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only ever had one massage in my life and it was blech felt like I was being petted like a cat shudder.I use a lot more pressure when I'm giving a massage. I do like Zone therapy very much, now that is relaxing and amazing how you can feel your body tweaking!

      Delete

I