Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Moon Maiden


Brent buried dear Molly goat under a moon maiden pohutukawa tree.. Quite unusual for a pohututkawa  to be yellow as they are usually red, rather striking isn't it.

 

Molly is buried on the hill top watching down on the daily happenings.
 Molly was just old. 14 years is old for a goat.Our vet said it was her time and he kindly put her to sleep so she wouldn't have to suffer. She was uncomfortable but not suffering. It's jolly hard at times to be kind isn't it.



I sure loved my old goat - 14 years is a long time to have any animal and like anything the more you put into something, the more you get out of it.

The more you talk to an animal the more an animal talks back.

 I'm gonna miss all my talks with Molly - it seems very quite without her. She was my constant companion while I worked in the vegetable garden - we talked away and she enjoyed the garden titbits.



Goats have huge personalities and are extremely playful as the you tube video shows of a family playing on a metal ribbon.

Our minds have been casting back to when I turned up home with a goat, she was the very first critter to ever arrive here. She has grown up with James and Abbey - gosh they were only 3 and 6 when we got Molly.
We were very green about keeping goats fenced - Molly kept coming up to the house, she ate my washing off the line - hilarious! Broke the new outdoor table from standing on it (warranties don't cover goats standing on outdoor tables) , Molly would even walk into my kitchen. I've been a lucky girl!

Thanks for all the kind emails and comments - Everyone that ever came to our place knew Molly - you got introduced to her whether you liked goats or not. SMILE.

15 comments:

  1. so so sad but what a life she had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about Molly. It's hard to lose animals that you've had for so long and have come to love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly will always be there in spirit, she waited till you came home, and our much loved pets, they know when the time has come. A beautiful spot for her to lie. Hugs to all, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's sad Molly had to die but she was a lucky goat. She had a wonderful life with you all and I am sure you all will talk about her and remember her antics for years to come. Chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. {{hugs}} May you have many more fond memories of your life together and these will bring comfort your heart as you adjust to her physical absence. She will continue to live on in your heart. Thinking of you... X0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, lovely post Leanne. You are so right, the longer you have a pet ( or they have you!) the more you get out out it.....such love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry about the loss of you're sweet Molly. She was a beautiful goat. She surely knew she was loved and I hope this brings you and you're family comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sorry to hear Molly has passed away. She looked lovely, Animals have so much love to give and are very intuitive, I have always had dogs and they really do become part of the family and it is quite unbearable when they go. But I still feel them around me.
    Kind wishes
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry to hear of your dear Molly's passing. I know how special she was to all of you. & I'm sure the pasture and garden will not seem the same without her presence. Molly could not have asked for a better life or better people to look over her. Thank you for sharing Molly in your posts that included her. I don't think anyone could look at her fabulous toothy smile and not find themselves smiling too. She had a talent for making other people smile & how could one not feel good about life when they looked into Molly's cheerful face.
    You picked a beautiful spot to bury Molly. I think she would have like knowing that the flowers are called Moon Maiden - it seems fitting somehow that the yellow color of the flowers is as special as Molly was.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She will always be on that hill looking down at you while you work. Maybe another baby goat will help fill that void. They sure are cute and full of personality.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thankyou for sharing with us...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your stories about her. She'll be with us because of them. Kit

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you everyone for such lovely comments of our old Molly goat. She was such a character. I'm greatful she wasn't unwell for long and never suffered. Vets are wonderful people!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such sweet memories of a special animal. {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry to hear about your dear Molly, she will be so missed. Lovely spot she has to keep an eye on you all... xx

    ReplyDelete

I