Monday, 3 February 2014

Lammas

 The wheel has turned again. Lammas (Lughnasadh) a celebration of the first harvest. It does feel like the first harvest as the garden is just starting to be prolific.The corn is not quite ready but we are enjoying fresh corn from markets and fingers crossed some will be in our organic vege box delivery this week. 
We went to have a bonfire but GASP I had let the permit run out so I'll get the permit renewed with plans to have a small bonfire on Tuesday when astrologically Lammas falls this year.  I do so enjoy a good burn up!



The hops is flowering - these are the female flowers - which are best for hop sleep pillows and home brew.

Such joy a tiger lily my first I've grown.

Linking up to Mosaic Monday

9 comments:

  1. Super produce, and I have lots of those tiger lily bulbs, would you like to add some to your place for next summer? Greetings to all, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no way you would get a fire permit up here - much too dry. Your produce looks lovely. Even though I water daily my vegies are struggling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My garden was a bit of a flop this year. Too much going on with working/keeping my soap stocks going etc so something had to give and it was the garden this year (oh and my bedroom LOL!) I did make up a big batch of green tomato chutney and my garlic and capsicum did well but I've stripped everything out and planting up brassicas now. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Lammas! I'll be celebrating with my group on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leanne - you have jogged my mind - I would like to grow some hops to make hop sleep pillows & your post has reminded me. Also your tiger lilly is just beautiful & very much a tiger :-) Yes my fire permit ran out too & I am not too sure I will get another one at the moment as its very tinder dry & crisp around here now. Happy week to you x0x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful harvest.....lovely looking veges.
    The Tiger Lillies remind me of my Mum, she had them in her garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. now if i were there i would be baking bread and enjoying my favorite time of year. we are getting snow tonight! i love fires!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing your 'summer' pics at this time of year! I'm hoping spring will be here soon for us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read your comment on October Farm. My dog does the same thing. I didn't know other dogs did that. It is embarrassing.............but funny.

    ReplyDelete

I