Friday, 21 February 2014

I passed!!!


We have loved staying here, the view is stunning isn't it! The farmer has moved cows up into the top paddock and we were serenaded to sleep with moooing, The early mornings when I've woken up the moreporks are calling it is just pure bliss. My kinda life!

Yesterday at workshop was zone therapy oh my it is wonderful - sooo relaxing I'm gonna love perfecting my technique. I actually personally prefer it over a massage.



Tissue salts are very new to me and fascinating - just looking at someones face I've learnt to tell which tissue salt people are deficient in. I'm off on another Tissue salts course on Monday so looking forward to it. It is going to be something I really use in my naturopath business.

 Aromatherapy class was such fun we got to smell each essential oil and make up a cream

The knowledge I've been absorbing I'm so going to so love sharing and using.

AND I PASSED the massage exam, weren't the tutors wonderful working late to finish their assessments so they could put us students out of our misery. To obtain the certificate in relaxation massage I've now got to massage 12 willing bodies, write up case notes and get a first aid certificate and send in final paper. (I've already passed the theory papers and the practical at workshop phew)


Stella and Abbey went and visited one of our friends mum, Alice who is in her 80's. Stella is the very first dog that has ever been in her house. Abbey loved the visit and hearing how Alice grew up in Scotland a very special visit for them both I am sure.

Abbey has been really good at pacing herself and saving her energy. She's been running the house here doing our washing, meals and during the day some sewing. Listening to her body and resting, which can mean leaving the dishes, not putting away things so with popping out the place was a tad untidy. GASP the bach owner came and did a clean (we had said not to worry we are quite ok with looking after ourselves). Abbey came home to all the dishes done, the load of washing hung out, her bed made and mine too (I love leaving it crumpled really makes me feel like I'm on holiday - the rebel in me) Abbey's room was messier than mine and she was soo embarrassed. UNTIL I said I bet the bach owner thinks Abbey's room is mine as she scored the queen bed and I'm in the children's room with the bunks lol.  I went and thanked the bach owner she said she does it daily for people who stay here and that we were not very messy at all PHEW she likes fluffing up the place for guests. Isn't she wonderful!

Right I better get cracking as Abbey and I are treating ourselves with a little taste of Paris for breakfast at Petit Paris
I sure hope at the nutrition workshop we don't have to share what we had for breakfast this morning.

26 comments:

  1. congratulations!!! way to go girl!!! i will be very interested in learning something about the salts. i know nothing about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nor did I before the course. They are awesome!! I will be using them lots in my naturopath practise. I'm off on Monday to another course about using them - funny how something your interested in just seems to pop up

      Delete
  2. Super news, how could you ever doubt your ability in all of this? Looks like a very quiet restful place to be, enjoy brekkie. Cheers, Jean .p.s. Huge Congratulations too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. massage is way out of my comfort zone - I'm not a touchy touchy person. So it wasn;t really a matter of doubt it was more a huge getting out of my comfort zone - and touching naked bodies and then me getting naked for other students to practise on me. A huge thing if it is not what you are comfortable with.

      Delete
  3. Of course you passed, I had no doubts that you would. I'll see what I can arrange to mail myself to NZ to assist with the dozen bodies you need available. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need 12 people to massage??? Pick me, pick me, pick me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SMILE no just 6 - they have to see me 3 times. Once for a consult, then a massage and a follow up massage.

      Delete
  5. Well done on passing your exams

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations - I knew you would pass. That info on the salts looks fascinating. Enjoy your Paris Breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks - I love the tissue salts something I will be really using.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations, you are doing very well. Tissue salts sound interesting. I have been thinking of taking Bach flower remedies, I am sure there is benefit in all these treatments but I would like to find a practitioner, bit nervous to just try them myself.
    Kind wishes
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Wendy. Watch the blog as the college has said for us to start treating people in the areas we have been qualified - aka tissue salts, massage, zone therapy, aromatherapy and flower remedies.

      Delete
  8. well done you I can tell from what you write that you are excited and energised by your work. What could be more perfect (and envied by many) to earn your living doing something that you love x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! At the workshop they did encourage us to start working and earning some money in areas we have qualified in. It will be a huge buzz to begin earning some dollars as I still have a lot of money to find for year 2 course and books. So watch this space as I'm going to start putting myself out there more.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations! You are lucky getting to do what you love for a living...and it's such interesting work as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes it is rather daunting to take a leap of faith and step out to do what you feel called to do with the mindset that do what you love and the money will follow. xxx

      Delete
  10. Congratulations! It sure sounds like you are having wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an amazing workshop - learnt soo much, everyone was so encouraging.

      Delete
  11. Fantastic Leanne, I knew you'd ace it! I've never heard of tissue salts, I think I might be deficient in all of them by the looks of my face...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on passing! I'm sure you will find lots of people willing to let you practice on them!!

    ReplyDelete

I