Sunday, 23 February 2014

Home Sweet Home


 We’re home  home
 there’s no place like home!


But gee what a difference a week makes, autumn is a coming fast.



The hop flowers have bloomed in a week wow~



I wonder if we can get the pomegranates to maturity?


Driving home seeing rows and rows of sunflowers - just beautiful 


First year ever I've not had sunflowers - the birds ate my seeds... next year I will start the sunflowers off in pots.



After car un packed it was time to go visit all the critters. Cinders cat gave me the best welcome,


Laura snubbed me - she has been busy catching mice and letting them go in our bedroom at 2am I am told. It is an awful feeling knowing a mouse is in your bedroom while you sleep. The mouse trap is set - Stella the poodle found it and got a huge fright when it snapped at her..

The man ram blew kisses



Molly goat wouldn't come up and see me. Soo NOT like her.


Brent went down to check on her. She is not too good at all. She was fine yesterday


Some corn stalks were given from garden to tempt her - she turned her nose up to beans - not like her.
I'm waiting till daylight so I can go and check on my very much favourite goat in the whole wide world. 
I'm feeling very sad. She is old I know that but ....


A wonderful welcome from Mack - he enjoyed seeing Stella too!


Mack has been hanging out with the boys and enjoyed his car ride  taking the old truck's cab to the sandblasters.


Oh I must show you these photos I took this morning before we left the bach, I felt terribly intrusive taking a photo of the neighbours place from where we stayed. But I loved the patchwork barns and house plus


 I really wanted to capture their doberman. (I hope to get another dobie one day)


We thought he was carrying a stick from a distance but with the zoom camera it shows his toy duck - awwww

It's great to be home, thanks for following and all the lovely comments and emails I'll catch up with you all soon.xxx

Linking up to Saturday critters.

28 comments:

  1. i hope molly will be ok. maybe she was just missing you! maybe if i leave now i can get there just in time for fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea not daylight yet - my poor old girl. I wish pets didn't have to get old sniff sniff. I hope summer stays around a bit longer.

      Delete
  2. Lovely greetings from the rest of your family, no matter how good a stay away is, home is so much nicer when seen again. Molly, hope all is well there, she is one lovely girl. Cheers, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love my home, its good to be back. Molly isn't too good an old girl time is a coming.

      Delete
    2. Give Molly a hug from me, I met her only once, but that gave her a place in my heart, those dark eyes, all knowing. Hugs to you too, Jean.

      Delete
  3. that photo of Laura is fabulous, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Molly is all right - as Jaz said perhaps she was just missing you. I can't believe how quickly summer has gone. It has been an odd one here and we have had drizzle for the past six days - I am so over it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molly is old sniff sniff sniff - summer hasn't well been summer much here.

      Delete
  5. Even up in Auckland, I am noticing the leaves changing slowly. It has been so hot this week, that the cooler temperature today is so blissful. I do hope that Molly is OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we have wind back here in Kapiti coast. I'm pulling out weeds ready to tuck one garden up for autumn and winter.

      Delete
  6. Glad your home safe and sound, sending Molly some warm Aussie wishes. As for those mice ewwww bella brought one into my room but it was dead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure wish Laura's mouse was dead. It's a sneaky fella and missing the trap

      Delete
  7. Welcome home, I am sure your critters missed you too! I Hope your Molly is ok, sending her hugs.. Wonderful series of photos! Thank you for linking up to my Saturday's Critter party. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as always I love Saturday critters. quite fond of most critters - except mice and rabbits that eat my garden

      Delete
  8. Glad that you are safely home girls. It's good to see my pin-up boy Mack looking well on the back of the ute, I hope Molly picks up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mack thought he was a young fella again going out with the boys.

      Delete
  9. Home sweet home, and greetings from all of the critters (not counting the mouse)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely place and so beautiful animals especially Molly and Laura.
    Greetings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you it is a special spot. Laura and Molly are my favs.

      Delete
  11. Oh those are such beautiful photos. I'm very fond of sheep....I just want to hug them. Hope Molly goat gets better...hugs to her! There really is no place like home is there?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to have you "back" {{big hugs}} for Molly..and for you. Praying she's ok. I bet Molly was just missing you.
    Our temps are cooling here, though we had a tropical storm hit last week with lots of rain and really high humidity. It was awful! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute dobbie...sort of reminds me a little of Kaeli in colour/marking. I've often wondered if she's part Dobbie...

      Delete
    2. i'm hoping to get another dobie one day

      Delete
  13. Isn't coming home the very best! that's my favorite part of a vacation, returning home to my house and my own bed :) Lovely sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a real home girl prefer home to any place in the whole wide world.

      Delete

I