Thursday, 20 February 2014

Cooking for two

I really could get used to coming home and tea cooked for me every night.

 Abbey made sushi and commented how hard it is to cook for one when you are used to cooking for 4. I imagine it must be an adjustment when kids leave home and you cook for just two or even only one.
We have plenty left over for lunch whoop whoop.

I'm not sure how the massage exam went, nerves are an annoying thing! I totally forgot one aspect and when the examiner came around and questioned me I was mortified that I'd forgotten one small bit. I could of fudged my answer but that's not me and I answered honestly that I had forgotten. But I'll never ever forget again - sometimes the best way to really learn is from mistakes. Will get my results in about a week.

Its been a huge full on week the old brain feels a tad saturated. Thursday and Friday component is more in my comfort level of flower essences, tissue salts, aromatherapy and zone therapy. Had plans to visit friends while here but I've been studying in the evenings so we haven't done anything - I've not even been for a walk in the parks. New Plymouth parks are stunning!

Back at home Brent has had fun and games with Laura catching a mice and bringing it into the bedroom and letting it go! Not the most fun thing at 2am.

Leo is boarding - the boys tell me how awesome he is - a very smoochy fella

I'm off to sit outside with me cuppa for a bit and soak up the fresh air. I'm not used to being in an office all day so missing getting outdoors. The weather has been stunning - very hot and muggy in the evenings, we are leaving all our windows open. I don't know how you Aussies sleep in the summer.




12 comments:

  1. I'm sure you did your very best, and to have some nervousness is better than to go in totally confident about it all. Lovely spot to stay,and a huge meal to do for another day, perfect. Enjoy the nest exam, right up your pathway. Cheers to all at NP and back home, Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - yes nerves can get in the way for exams.

      Delete
  2. I'm betting you did fine. Good luck with rest of your exams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you did just fine, try not to worry about it too much. As to how we sleep we toss and turn and put the fan at the end of our beds lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't worried just more mortified that I forgot to palpate - instead I scanned the body using reiki - which is fine to use in a massage but not in an assessment. - It just comes second nature so with nerves I just flitted to that. Smile I got lovely comments on my exam and thankfully I didn't fail on that technicality but I did palpate at the consulate - just not when client was on the table.

      Delete
  4. The sushi looks lovely, your personal chef is doing a fantastic job isn't she! Enjoy the rest of the week...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep she cooked every night bar Friday as she crashed - so greatful she had a good week. She's home now so can rest up

      Delete
  5. sorry you forgot that bit but i am sure you did fine. abbey sure is taking good care of you! good luck with the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea but I still passed. Was cross with myself as I kept making mental notes - not to forget SMILE.

      Delete
  6. I bet you sailed right through, fingers crossed and all that good stuff is sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks yes I passed and got really encouraging feedback from the examiner - she said she would like a massage from me so was pretty chuffed.

      Delete

I