Thursday, 30 January 2014

Yarn a Long

Knitting...


 Abbey has casted on a hat for herself  it's rather fun seeing the leaves appear.


the pattern is called rustling leaves beret by Alana Dakos

Books...


I finished Vera which made me yell out loud WHAT to the ending! It sent me on a quest to read more of Elizabeth von Arnim and I'm totally loving The Enchanted April. so far.

I'm not getting much time to listen to audio books I'm sure life will slow down soon.... I'm feeling a tad ragged with everything on my plate, visiting dad, taking mum to her medical appointments, taking her shopping oh and even taking mum to  choose a new budgie.


Sir Kobi will be great company for mum

Farm Stay guests...

I had a terrible fright yesterday as I couldn't find one of Ella's toys - her very much loved Winnie the pooh


I was blaming Mack the Mastiff  of carting it off in his jaws thinking I must of dropped Winnie the pooh carrying Ella's blankets etc to and from the indoor outdoor area.

Oh I felt terribly guilty blaming poor old Mack as I found Winnie the Pooh all tucked up in between the bedding where Ella must of put it safe and sound.

Linking up with yarn a long

19 comments:

  1. you two are killing me with this knitting. it is so fantastic. i would love to be able to knit like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Abbey who is the knitter - pretty much self taught too. I can knit baby stuff and dish cloths - knitting is a tad S L O W for me. SMILE>

      Delete
  2. gorgeous hat!! That is what I love about yarn along, I get such great ideas from wonderful knitters :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the book recommendations and getting a tad tempted to try sock knitting from yarn along and you!

      Delete
  3. Loving that hat, so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep telling Abbey it is my colour but she says it is not.

      Delete
  4. Ohhh that hat is very cute, what a clever thing you are Abby. Poor mack getting blamed for the missing poobear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mack's advocates HID Mack's last thing he destroyed in the rubbish bin. - Cat bedding that I had down on ground for washing and I am blamed for leaving it lying around. So yes I did blame MACK SMILE

      Delete
  5. The beret is gorgeous!!! Love Abbey's colour choice. Mum used to do all these fancy knitting patterns, it is nice to see them again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really surprised to see how many young girls are knitting, it's very in aye.

      Delete
  6. Mack tells me he gets blamed for EVERYTHING! and we all know what a sweet, innocent old dog he is :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mack's advocates HID Mack's last thing he destroyed in the rubbish bin. - Cat bedding that I had down on ground for washing and I am blamed for leaving it lying around. So yes I did blame MACK SMILE and as for an old dog well not so old if he sees the vet smile springs up on gate which he hasn't done in ages. Molly goat knows the smell of a vet too as she came a running like a young goat - it really was very funny! Love Leanne

      Delete
  7. Poor Mack!!Hahaaa and I LOVE the hat!! Beautiful...and YOU slow down girl!
    (((HUG)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a lovely pattern, I have knit one similar but I love this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love that hat design! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I