Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Welcome to 2014.


I'm not one that stays up late so didn't see the New Year in but I sure did see the first sunrise of the year. 

Tomorrow is a New Moon, perfect time to flush out old patterns and start something new. 
There are two New Moons this January. The second one on 31st  for us in the Southern Hemisphere (30th for Northern)



Brent really needs to have a talking to his goose Gus. I caught Gus pulling on Molly goats ears yesterday and flew inside to get the camera. Gus thought about doing it again to poor old Molly goat but I had the video on  (which for the life of me I can't get to upload to you tube- have to get help from the kids)


Gus saw me out of the corner of his eye trying to capture evidence of his meanness. (Brent doesn't believe me that his goose could be as horrible as I say) " Were is your evidence - we will have to take this up with the ganders relations conciliator"


I DID catch on video Gus attacking a ewe. I have all the proof of how Gus just walks up to any other animal and pulls the crap out of them with his beak for no reason what so ever except he is a bully!.

I will do my best to get this video on the blog -so you can judge for yourself just how malicious he is

Brent defends Gus and tried to tell me I am mistaken & That Gus was just  grooming the ewe.. - Yea right!

Gus really should make a New Years resolution to be kinder to others .


Photo source pinterest.




Farm Stay Guests..


Evie says HELLO

Evie is keeping me on my toes trying to find food she likes to eat. She doesn't like mince, Fancy Feast or Friska's chicken in gravy shreds. But she would eat a whole packet of Temptations if she could.

 Pinot has a healthy appetite so no worries

He wasn't in the MOOD for the paparazzi today
Pinot was born 5th January 2007 (We will have to find something special for his birthday tea).
Jasmine was his mum and Lordy his dad.


Oh my Basil looks like his mum Caro.(his dad is Lordy)

 Basil is a big boy and only just fits on the shelf

 For better comfort the shelf probably needs to be a bit bigger SMILE

 Sitting is just fine - My word that is a handsome cat - Just look at the smile

Sam is Basil's litter mate they were born 8/3/06. Sam was more than happy to pose for the paparazzi. He is rather handsome too.
 Thanks to Abbey for getting such lovely photos of the cats..

25 comments:

  1. but gus looks so innocent! happy new year! we are still 10 hours away and i will also be sound asleep by then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gus is a PUNK! I'm so greatful we don;t have close neighbours as I would of looked a sight of late. With the boys working away I've hd to go into yard to collect eggs and change geese water. I take my broom with me for protection from Gus and have to put it between my legs and bend over while I collect the eggs. It must look like I'm a right royal crazy lady. But with my broom Gus hasn't taken me on. Love L PS I still can;t upload the you tube weird.

      Delete
  2. May 2014 bring you all good things xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back at you too! Hope not too cold over there. Love L

      Delete
  3. Gus needs some stern words in his ear. Happy New Year to you all, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do not worry I sure gave him some grand ones when he was swinging off Molly goats ears. Love L

      Delete
  4. Looks like Gus needs a time out chair!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ❊ * 。❊ 。 ❊ _█_ ❊ 。 * ❊
    _Π_____ (•.•) * 5☆★☆★☆
    ❊ /______/~\ ( ♥ ) ❊ 2014 Happy Day ❊
    |田 田 |門| ( ♥ ) Happy New Year❊
    •♫♥♫*♥*♪♥♫•♪*♥♫•♫♥♫*♥*♪♥♫•♪*♥•♫♥♫*♥*♪
    http://blog.seniorennet.be/louisette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gosh that computer art is soo clever!! happy New Year to you too.

      Delete
  6. Happy new year to you and all your family. Beautiful pictures abbey. And naughty gus, need a firm talking to me thinks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year - and I haven't forgotten who talked me into getting Gus and as he was a birthday gift for Brent I'm often told I can not give him away as that would be being an Indian giver... Brent loves Gus. I don't but Gus doesn't like me. GIGGLE Love L

      Delete
  7. Happy new year to you and your family, so with having 2 new moons does that mean it is a blue moon or is the when you have 2 full moons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Kate. Yes a blue moon is when there is two full moons in a month - 2014 there are no blue moons. A supermoon or perigee moon can either be a new moon or a full moon and that is when the moon is at or near its closest approach to Earth. 2014 has five supermoons: two January new moons, and the full moons of July, August and September. This New Moon 1 Jan for Northern hemis and 2 Jan for Southern Hemisphere is a pretty wicked one as it is also in Capricorn - times are a changing! Is that too out there for the blog? I think 2014 is gonna be all about speaking our truths. Love Leanne

      Delete
  8. So Brent can have a beastly bully goose, but you can't get a new rooster? Time for some mediation. A fair resolution would be a muzzle for Gus and a lovely new cock-a-doodle-doo for you. Maybe Gus needs to be fenced off from the other animals until he can change his behavior. Poor Molly & the ewe are such unsuspecting innocents. Who next on Gus' hit list? Time to put up the BEWARE! MAD GOOSE.
    All the cat visitors are looking lovely. Is that shelf too small or is the cat too big? My cat Toby is having her 22nd birthday today. The highlight of the celebration will be the opening of a can of solid albacore tuna fish that will be eaten with reckless abandon and will be followed by with a long drink at the bathroom faucet . The celebration will conclude with 22 hours of napping & tuna breath

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL A sign beware mad goose sounds perfect he is an amazing guard goose I'd pitty anyone who sets foot in the barn area. Oh wow Happy birthday to Toby 22 years such a good innings Love L

      Delete
  9. Ok, geese are crazy. I once had my CAR attacked by a pair of geese and they were SERIOUS. Love this post though and I have to say the 'Pale Blue Dot' video moved me. Carl Sagan was such an inspiration to all of humanity. And I LOVE seeing all your guests at the cattery. It's the poshest cattery I've ever seen and I KNOW the cats are loving their stay! Happy New Year and may it bring you prosperity and contentment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The geese live in a fenced off area by barn - the men folk complain that they nibble off all the pointy things on the vehicles tyres Plus they helped themselves to some of the jeeps wiring when it was parked up in their yard. The Pale Blue Dot is an awesome video aye. I think there are going to be more mover and shakers coming forward and saying NO to what is happening. Love Leanne

      Delete
  10. Naughty old Gus. Love the photos of the cats, isn't Evie a sweetie.

    Happy New Year to you all.

    Julie and Poppy Q
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evie is a sweetie but caused me such worry. She is happy but just not eating much - not from my lack of trying to tempt her. All she wants is temptations, pets and lap nurses. Love L

      Delete
  11. It is still December 31st here. So, the New Moon will be on New Year's Day for us in Canada. I read today it is also a Super Moon. That was a new term for me. It means that the moon is in (or near) it's closest proximity to the earth which you probably already know. :-) The cats are gorgeous! Oh, I would love to have one, but I'm allergic. I'm trying having a house rabbit instead. It's a mini Rex and is supposed to be non allergenic. It's been a month and so far so good. :-) Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy New year to you and yours too. Yes a supermoon or perigee moon can either be a new moon or a full moon and that is when the moon is at or near its closest approach to Earth. 2014 has five supermoons: two January new moons, and the full moons of July, August and September. This New Moon 1 Jan for Northern hemis and 2 Jan for Southern Hemisphere is a pretty wicked one as it is also in Capricorn - times are a changing! (I just answered a comment above so copy and pasted it for you. Isn;t is amazing that no matter where in the world, what race, faith we all look at the same moon - kinda keeps us all interconnected doesn't it. Love L PS I trust your house rabbit won't be allowed in your garden. He wouldn't be allowed in mine no siry not that the men folk let me have the bullets for my gun as they say I am unsuitable to have a gun with my temper over critters eating my garden... SMILE Love L

      Delete
  12. Happy new year!!! Looking forward to seeing you throughout 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year Leanne! I'm sure I replied previously but for some reason I've been having problems commenting on OP's blogs. I've "fiddled" with my settings and hopefully its fixed now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year to you, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete

I