Saturday, 11 January 2014

Friday Night sewing.


Friday night sew in I didn't get a lot done and was asleep early due to a 2am wake up.
Note to self DO NOT  watch scary movies while Brent is away, as when you hear the gate click at 2am and then a vehicle drive up your driveway ones imagination starts to recall scary moments in movies.
Looking out the window I saw flashing lights and an ambulance.
The ambulance had come to the wrong house.

Brent and James are back home tonight YEA! 
They have been away working for the week and have been missed.
James has done extremely well and all the hard work of teaching him to cook has paid off - he did us proud and was cooking for all of the men. 


I only have one yes one more flower to grow for the grandmothers garden quilt and it is finished.


 Then it's just the garden path to fill in and it's done... I've sure missed doing some craft work getting a balance of everything is hard at times.



Abbey cooked tea -
It was yummy and she has let me share her recipe on the blog.
It sure has benefits when you teach your kids to cook!

Chicken Curry,
65 g butter
2 Tablespoons olive oil
400g chicken
3 cloves garlic
1 onion
half a thumb size of fresh ginger
11/2 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon papriki
11/2 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon chili
1 cinnamon stick
6 cardamom pods bruised
8 peppercorns
11/2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 cup yoghurt
6 Tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 cup water

Cook onions, garlic and ginger in butter and olive oil until translucent. Then add cardamom pods, cinnamon stick and peppercorns. Cook for 5 mins.
Add diced chicken cook 5 mins.
Then add rest of spices and cook for a few more minutes.
Add yoghurt, water and pasta sauce and cook until chicken is cooked.
serve with rice -
Sure beats a takeaway curry any day!

31 comments:

  1. i love curry! the quilt is just wonderful. it must be unnerving having an ambulance show up in your drive! tell abbey i hope she feels better. the part hasn't arrived yet but i will let you know when it does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes hearing our gate click at 2am is scary. I loved Abbey's curry it was really tasty, she hopefully is out of the bad patch she took her poodle for a wee walk yesterday so that is always a good sign. No hurry for the rusty old part - the truck has a wee way to go yet before going SMILE. Love L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is lovely! I hope Abbey is feeling better soon! Hugs to you both. I know its hard for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your quilt ie beautiful. Good on your kids,my kids were taught to cook too and luckily as they both left home at 21 so I ate least know they are eating well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's soo worth while teaching them to cook aye.

      Delete
  5. Love the quilt and that chicken curry looks delicious. Good to hear Abbey is feeling a little better. Will let you know when seeds and book arrive. So looking forward to the book!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.julietbatten.co.nz/products-page/product-category/celebrating-the-southern-seasons-rituals-for-aotearoa/ is another book I really enjoy re seasons

      Delete
  6. Love your hexie garden, nearly there now! Thanks for the chicken recipe Abbey, I've copied and saved it to my recipe folder, looks delicious....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ONE to go How unbelievable is that.Hope you like the curry (serves 4 or like us serves 2 with left over for lunch)

      Delete
  7. Oh the curry chicken looks yum!
    So does your hexie garden, well done, it looks very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not far to go now - not that I will get much done now as can't take outside to do (will get dirty) and nothing on TV to make me sit down and watch

      Delete
  8. Your quilt top looks so pretty. I thought that looked like a curry dish. Love curry! I have just bought my curry as curry. I always wondered what spices went into it. Your kids are great cooks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. once you make your own spices for curry you will never go back to packet stuff ever. We cook from scratch so we know what goes into our food.

      Delete
  9. Oh my goodness, what a pretty quilt! And to have an ambulance show up at your house in the wee hours...after watching scary movies? I'd be terrified. OK, as for the chicken curry....may I come to tea? For some reason our Mom made us curries a lot growing up so chicken curry is a comfort food. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hearing the gate "CLICK" at 2am was a tad unnerving, at thought I thought it must be Brent home as not unusual in early years of being a contractor and self employed he would of driven home instead of booking a motel

      Delete
  10. That quilt is looking lovely! Glad that you didn't have somebody actually trying to scare you, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Sure hope the person who called the ambulance is doing ok

      Delete
  11. Love the quilt and the curry looks very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you, I can't believe it is nearly finished

      Delete
  13. A very HeaTHLy hexie garden... very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have to "weed" it ie cut all the threads. SMILE.

      Delete
  14. Your grandmothers garden is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The curry sounds delicious; I'm going to give it a try when the weather cools down. Your hexies are very pretty (a bit too fiddly for me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think of the curry (been a cool summer so far here lots of gloomy days) I've enjoyed making the hexis - puts me in a meditative state - good to just be.

      Delete
  16. Love the hexi flower garden. Well done. Curry looks and sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete

I