Saturday, 28 December 2013

Famous Farm Stay Guests...


Cottage Tails farm Stay has some famous guests - well ok their owners are - they have worked on The LOTR and Hobbit movies and their names can be found in the movie credits..


Evie's dad is one them


Evie is a girl that arrived with accessories.


She was a bit shy to begin with - not one to like the car rides 


I always leave the cats on the first day to just settle - never rush them. I always find they need time to get over the car ride, get used to their bed and then meet us. As you can see Evie is feeling much braver this evening.


Sammy and his brother who is too busy eating for a photo
...
were workers on the movie sets.
When they were kittens they used to go with their mum on set while she worked on LOTR

There's always someone here in NZ that someone knows who was part of the movies....SMILE..


Molly and Bella put on quite a show for the men folk that arrived today (Evie's dad and grandpa) - they are both used to living with a dominate male household and boy did they turn on charm for the men folk.

Bella has shocking table manners devours the meat by dragging her carcass across the ground.


Charles is litter mate to our Laura (from our very first litter we ever bred)


he behaves just like his sister Laura.


Party's a bit harder than his sister!


 and to think Milo got all the blame for the mess the other morning... Makes you wonder aye.
Milo looks very much like his mum Caro (litter mate also to Charles and Laura who we lost this year SOB)


Muddy and Ollie sunbathing...

Now do tell how many of you have seen the latest Hobbit movie?

19 comments:

  1. Evie is quite the sweetie. I went to the movie this afternoon, perfect for a rainy Wellington Summers day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evie is a sweetie aye. We had no rain until late evening and then poured (good for garden). Raining in Picton and Masterton too yesterday but not here
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  2. Evie is a very pretty Film Star cat!

    I haven`t seen The Hobbit yet but always loved the book when I was young. LOTR was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leanne, can I come and stay in the cattery? PS I still have my pin up boy Mack on y desktop, I hope you have told him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SMILE one day we hope to have something for humans - lots of plans happening in the background. Mack is honoured to be your pin up boy. He is doing well again and off the pain meds maybe it's all the sunshine doing him some good. Love Leanne

      Delete
  4. We saw the movie on Jenna's 20th birthday (12/23) and it was great. We can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GASP Jenna 20 time sure goes fast. Glad you love the Hobbit movies now you gotta come and see New Zealand. Love Leanne

      Delete
  5. Aawww, such cute celebrity guests! Oh yes, we are huge fans of the LOTR movies and just saw the second Hobbit movie a few weeks ago. Gosh, the scenery in NZ is astounding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a proud kiwi and have no plans to travel over seas without first seeing as much of our country as possible.

      Delete
  6. Hubby and I want to see the new Hobbit movie, maybe soon. I love all the cute kitties, I am happy they relax while visiting with you! Love the first scenic shot and all the kitty photos. Thank you for linking up to Saturday's critters..Enjoy your day..

    Wishing you all the best in 2014 and a Happy Healthy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't thae the first photo I got it off google images but forgot where I got it from so can't give the credit. Always lots of critter photos on the blog.

      Delete
  7. Lovely post Leanne. I've yet to see either of the hobbit movies but will get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you could always wait for all three to come out and have a marathon movie watch.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  8. They are so cute and funny
    Beautiful post

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cats are sweet, I was surprised to see raw meat for food. The only food I've seen cats eat here is from a tin, or dry kibble.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the cats I must confess that I have not seen any of the hobbit movies or LOTR I find it too hard to sit still for to long to see a movie must be all the running around I did bringing up 5 children.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ours would love the raw meat. Being strays I give them hard food, I have enough raccoon and opossum coming up to the porch and don't want to attract the coyotes, but if they were inside, they would really appreciate this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh your cute cute visitors.....
    I loved to read The Hobbit, I am not a movie fan. But I saw many wonderful and breathtaking photos from NZ, my daughter spent some weeks there in December. Unfortunately it is soo far.

    ReplyDelete

I