Thursday, 28 November 2013

The Ex Farmer's Wife Quilt


 The Farmer Wife Quilt book has been scrapped  and sold. The book is way too churchy


God made so many different kinds of people; why would God allow only one way to worship?
Martin Buber


Change of plan 
 Make any block 6 1/2 inch square block with a 2 1/2 inch scrappy white sashing, with red posts.

21 done 79 to go I'm told.


Hay Abbey what are the block names called? Hack the blog and tell us if you get a chance


Miss Stella the poodle is allowed to do anything! Even get on quilts made by Abbey

G A S P !!!!!


OOh that smile. She knows grandma is having kittens and making a big fuss over Abbey being quite ok with Stella testing out the quilt... This is why I am known as stink grandma around here.
Stella is a great comfort for the rough days. There has been quite a few of late.
It's very hard to not be able to plan your life due to health - the dreams of studying, travelling the world and other things we all dream about at 20.....
Stella is a wonderful companion and helps us all live in the moment of each and every day.
And she likes to shop on line...She sits right up close when they are shopping




Having an Ipad, confined to a bed makes for some good retail therapy - the courier has been arriving daily. Abbey has done all her Christmas shopping on line. While she was shopping on line she shouted herself some quilting stencils - aren't they adorable. All from Quilting Creations International. 


She saw the fan idea off  Camille Roskelley's Simplify blog.


Fresh Figs has a new quilt fabric range and pattern out that is very dangerous to know about when you can shop on line with your poodle.

23 comments:

  1. Stella, the perfect place for her. Abbey, have you thought of putting in a horizontal sashing as well? this would give you a larger quilt with not so MANY blocks to sew? Love the last 4, bright colours that go so well together. Online, that would be dangerous, but with a day like today, wet and a little colder, what could be better? Greetings to all, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Jean - oh yes she will have all blocks sashed. she is not like me - she likes to finish things and then plan the layout and that is when she will put in the sashing rows horizontal. For now she is just making the blocks. Its a fun happy quilt isn't it.
      Love Leanne
      PS the garden is loving the rain.

      Delete
  2. well done Abbey for making all those sweet blocks, I think your plans for finishing are perfect!
    I like those stencils, I had to look twice, but then I realised the squiggly one is birdies! how cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the birdie one delightful and I get to borrow it YE HA!~
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  3. Wow Abbey , I loved it when you selected bright fabrics for your quilt All the FW quilts I have seen are a bit drab. Now you've thrown the rule book right out!,, you go girl! Do you know about the quilters cache? A great source of pattern ideas.. Stella sooooo sweet.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda Abbey will have a look when the poodle and her next go on line. Yes she has thrown the rule book right out! But with parents like us how can our kids be followers. Here's James' latest creation a Gibson Les Paul beside the Goblin Leg Pull off his facebook page https://www.facebook.com/GoblinGuitars Love Leanne

      Delete
  4. Stella the wonder dog! helping by just being. Perhaps Stella gives the nod of approval when Abbey is shopping.
    I didn't know that about the Farmers Wife book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep Stella is amazing - she seems to know and will just lay on the bed all day. Best medicine. http://thefarmerswifequilt.blogspot.co.nz/2012_10_01_archive.html is link to the blog - The author has put a lot of work into the history of the letters and designing her quilt.

      Delete
  5. Love all the colors!! AND the pups!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PFFT dogs on sewing! She wouldn't dare get on my sewing... a cat well that is another matter. SMILE.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  6. Such nice blocks, Leanne! I really like all the colors. I have several quilts my grandma passed down to me and I love them. Maybe someday I'll learn to make my own quilts.

    PS - Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog today. I appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you do have a go at making quilts they really are FUN and addictive to make. I'm way behind on blog reading sorry I missed the news about Silvester (((HUGS)))
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Arn't they bright and happy! Grandmothers garden quilt shop from Hamilton is coming to Otaki tomorrow I hope she is feeling well enough for some real life retail therapy. If so I'll take her for a drive - no doubt some reds will come home with us.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  8. I'm do sorry abbey is feeling so bad right now. I'm glad Stella is being such a comfort to her. Her quilts are magnificent. Sending you all the spoons I can abbey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta - hope you are in a well patch! I'm studying my butt off trying to get to the parts in naturopath learning that will help you girls. Right back to the books.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  9. Love the colours, the birdies and Stella the wonder dog!...hope Abbey gets some relief soon....xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of things to enjoy and be greatful for haven't we.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  10. Great work on all of those quilt blocks! And I got a great chuckle out of Stella plopping down in the middle of it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stella needs no encouragement! SMile.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  11. beautiful! The quilt is so lovely and Stella----Frodo would love to be your partner in crime :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell Frodo Stella needs no encouragement LOL
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  12. Hope Abbey is in a better place now. Good old Stella, aren't these little companions the best? Love how the blocks are looking - how everyone gives a quilt/block their own spin is always interesting. And interesting that Abbey found that about the FW book, I find it an insight into a world (attitudes etc) that was. (Went into my first Peter and Alexander store the other day, thought of you and Abbey!!)

    ReplyDelete

I