Wednesday, 27 November 2013

A walk about

 I don't remember planting these orange poppies, but I'm sure in love with them!


 peek through the picket gate - now who doesn't love a picket fence?


 The roses are just starting to bloom - this one was told earlier in the year it was coming out, 
Threats works and now it's staying.


First gladi of the year - summer is on her way.


I appreciate formal gardens - but a riot of colour in the potagar garden is more me.
These flowers are hanging out in the garlic bed


mm these girls are not meant to be hanging out in the vegetable garden...


Betty my favourite hen she really is a funny old gal.
And the ring leader of visiting the vegetable garden tut tut...

I've put on my Christmas wish a new rooster a lavender araucana  and a lavender girl too so I can have blue/green eggs .....just in case santa is reading the blog...

 I do so miss  hearing a  morning crow and my old Rory Rooster.



Oh look Trade me has Arnie...but he is in the Waikato.. love his name!

14 comments:

  1. I'm sure Santa will read your words, and guess what, one breeder is on the way past our place, at Wanganui!!! Lovely poppy colours, Greetings to all, Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HUMPF I've been told I'm not allowed a rooster...
      Tried for a donkey but got a no too...
      SULK

      Delete
  2. A pity you don't live near, I have 3 roosters and two hens of 5 eggs so we have to find a new home for two roosters.
    They are beautiful old fashioned roosters, Chaams Hoen, famous old dutch race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just googled the Chaams Hoen breed - oh they do make very handsome roosters. What a shame we live on the other side of the world from each other.
      Loved visiting your blog - your trip with your daughter very special and lots of fun!
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  3. You sound just like me I love a rambling garden, you don't know where to look first. A rooster for Xmas why yes and that one is stunning . Hope Santa sees your blog lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The grinches saw the blog and said no....but while the men folk are away who knows what might end up here. I think gardens and quilts really show off my personality eclectic. giggle.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  4. I have never been successful in growing poppies, not that I've tried that hard, but they remind me of my grandmother who had so many in her garden!! Yours are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really puzzled where I got the orange poppies from - Jean who reads my blog gave me red seeds- they haven;t come up yet. Jack and Rosa's nana gave me pink seeds which are up but not flowering yet.
      Hollyhocks are my next thing I am trying to grow - I stole the seeds out of a garden and I don;t feel guilty at all...
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  5. Love those poppies too! Does the rose smell nice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leeanne I haven't got me nose down to smell it - it's poked where it really shouldn't be and I zoomed the camera in. Have I told you how much I love my camera????
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  6. The girls need to scoot out of your garden, LOL! Love the colorful flowers. So cheerful! Poppy blooms look like long skirts, blowing up in the wind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Betty aka name sake Betty our local librarian is the ring leader. Poppy flowers are really happy flowers arent they.

      Delete
  7. What lovely pictures - it makes me miss my gardens terribly. Only three more months until planting again.... Those hens are so sweet - and naughty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose you are under snow over there. We have had some beautiful sunny days - this week rain which is much needed and the tomatoes are off I love spring and summer! Keep warm!!!
      Love Leanne

      Delete

I