James' new queen size bed arrived and I nearly got the quilt top finished.
I'm pretty happy how in the end I extended the quilt from a single to a queen. (blog post here about this here)
I made nine patches for the borders, but didn't like them so unpicked them all. GASP!
In the end I just made more filler blocks for the sides. I was sooooo greatful that I just had enough background fabric By that I mean I have one 4 1/2 inch block left over and two strips of 2 1/2 inch.
That was close aye!
What a real labour of LOVE it was unpicking the green scrappy borders. Even though I was careful unpicking some of the seams came apart and lots of resewing the ends had to happen.
This weekend I hope to move out the lounge furniture so I can begin tacking the quilt, Then machine quilting the quilt can begin.
Next is stripping all of James wallpaper and the decorating of his room will begin.(it shows in photos we have started)
Liking up to Finish it up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts.