Sunday, 20 October 2013

Let the Magic begin


 It was perfect timing for Annabel Langbein to choose me as one of her VIP Foodies panel members.

Annabel's Magic Baking Mix (page 26) was just wonderful for a gal who was taking the supper

It really was making magic, mixing up Annabel's Magic Baking Mix  (page 27, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and butter) and choosing from the cookbook some of the TEN different ways you can use it.

With my Magic Baking Mix I made.


Espresso Spice cake (page 30) One of the girls in our group is going to proper cooking school and she helped me dish up - ooh la la Annabel suggested to serve this cake accompanied with a bowl of mascarpone topped with rum - my friend mixed the mascarpone with a little icing sugar and a good slug of rum and made an icing for the cake. - so decadent!

 Gran's Date Loaf (page 30)

 Cheesy Scones (page 34) - photo bombed by Molly.

Using Annabell's Magic Baking Mix, taking a plate was very easy as I only had to grab a couple of cups from the magic mix and I could turn it into three different dishes.


White Chocolate Rocky Road (page 130)
Oh my this was a hit and every single person wants to buy the book.  JUST for this recipe alone it is worth the $19.95

Louise Cake (page 45) - just like my grandma used to make!



Hay! Where is my tit bit asks Maddie.


 Don't yea just love her one ear up and one ear down.


The full moon was up 

Time to gather outside


Around the stone circle




Wasn't the moon magical last night!

#afreerangelife @annabellangbein

21 comments:

  1. Wonderful, I can see more goodies coming soon, and the plates!!! Love the moon too. Cheers, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean hope you are feeling better at your place, we have missed your comments. All us gals were ooing and arring over the old fashioned plates. We just love the kauri table too.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  2. i have to remember to check the moon tonight. i didn't see it last night. everything looks scrumptious! i guess maddie is just listening with one ear! we are supposed to have our first snow on wednesday!!! woohoo! we will be posting the guitar soon. we have been so busy we haven't taken pics of it yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI I think you guys were going to see the eclipse too? The southern hemisphere were missing it. No hurry re guitar photos, we have been enjoying all the fairs you guys have been to. James went on a job interview and popped in the photos of the guitars in his CV. SMILE. Love Leanne PS First snow Wednesday isn't that early?

      Delete
  3. That baking looks sooo good - wonder how it would all go with gf baking mix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan I was soo good and didn't adapt any recipes and just followed the recipes - do you know how hard that was for me? Love Leanne

      Delete
  4. My gosh, my hand was reaching for all that baking.........looks soooooo yum!!
    I've been enjoying the moon the last couple of nights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were soo lucky to have a clear night not much cloud at all and it wasn't too cold outside. As it was the hare moon - I'm on a mission to get these rabbits moving into my vegetable garden outta here.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  5. It's a gorgeous looking cookbook... you were lucky to be given one Leanne!
    I promised my self a while ago I wouldn't buy one more cook book... so I'll check out the library!
    Amazing goodies you baked - Annabel's baking mix is a clever idea.
    YES the moon is wonderful - we were at our neighbours watching the All Blacks last night - I looked out the window and saw the biggest roundest goldenest moon - I didn't have my camera or my phone.
    I'll try tonight!
    A lovely post!
    I've sowed my seeds as per your video - I'm feeling really chuffed!
    hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shane good luck on your seeds! So glad you got to see the full moon - she was beautiful aye. Yes I was lucky to be picked especially when one of the questions was how many books of Annabels did I own and I had to fess up and say none. I borrow them from the library and write out any recipes I want. I love her chilli jam recipe.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  6. Wow Leanne, that baking looks so yumm :-) What a great idea, having the baking mix. Might have to think about purchasing that book, I have always loved Annabels recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is really well priced at $19.95 I think she will sell many with it being such great value.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  7. You've convinced me and I wasn't going to buy any more cookbooks! Your cooking loves scrumptious Leanne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Brent has asked for the Espresso Spice cake again - I think this will become one of my standard cakes for when I bake. Love Leanne

      Delete
  8. I am more than a tad envious of this opportunity to bake! I just love to do some baking. Guess i'm going to have to look for the book.
    Sigh

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda I do soo love baking but we don't eat like this any more so it was an absolute joy to bake for friends. There was plenty left over and they all got to take some home as it would get wasted in our home.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  9. Oh all that baking looks divine. Isn't the moon just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The moon is beautiful and it's pretty amazing that no matter where in the world we are - we all look at the same moon. Love Leanne

      Delete
  10. Me As Well (buying another cookbook!)Hahaaa
    What Fun y'all had!!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna the book really is beautiful - I've just shown the home baking part - she has soo much more in it. VERY good value for $19.95. Yes we had a lovely gathering, a full moon, stone circle, drumming, howling, friends that are such fun!
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  11. Really does look delish :-) What a fabulous gathering, food, friends and a beautiful full moon.

    ReplyDelete

I