Saturday, 19 October 2013

I'm on the Free Range Foodie Panel

 If you are a Cottage Tails Facebook follower you might of seen I let it slip that I had received my EXCLUSIVE Preview Copy  of Annabel Langbein's a free range life cook book.


Yes I am a VIP free range foodie - keep an eye out in blog land as Annabel is embracing the Social Media and has chosen some bloggers to try her recipes and blog about them BEFORE her new book hits the shops.


Choosing what to cook... meant I had to go and buy supplies. We don't use white flour in our home any more, nor sugar or oil except olive oil.... I am training to be a naturopath so we are all very health mindful...



Memories of my grandma came flooding back when I saw Louise Cake as one of the recipes.
It was the very first thing I ever cooked 100% all by myself, (with training from grandma)


My grandma taught me to cook.
 I used to love going to stay in the school holidays at her place and I have such wonderful memories of my grandma.

 She was an awesome grandma 
Can you tell ?
She even went for a ride on my brothers trolley. 

Grandma used to take me to Wellington and she would take me up and down the lift and escalators.
As she came with me to ride these I never ever got told off.


I've been cooking up a storm today (will tell you more tomorrow)


My grandma has been with me in the kitchen today in spirit that is - 
I've got her cooking tools which I remember using as a girl. SUCH treasures.


 My grandmother was into all sorts of things, tasseography was one.
I have fond memories of going with her to her Baptist church group. The ladies would line up for grandma to read their tea cups.

 
Grandma taught me the art of tea leave readings.
Make your cuppa tea with tea leaves, do not use a strainer.
When nearly finished leave a little of the tea in your cup.
Tip your tea cup upside down on the saucer and turn your cup around three times following the sun - so in Southern Hemisphere we usually go widdershin (anti clock wise)


 WHEELBARROW, This sign foretells a visit to the country or a pleasant renewal of friendship with those who live in it. 

I've googled for you some symbols re tea leaves. Remember a good fortune teller always focuses on positive news.

So when you get your @annabellangbein book and make Louise Cake you can have some fun reading your tea leaves with friends too.

13 comments:

  1. What fun, the cooking, the preview, the grandma & reading tea leaves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the Lousie cake was yummy I had three pieces giggle...
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  2. Your Grandma sounded awesome , what a cute picture of her. Must try the tea leaves. Cant wait to see what you cook up x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandma was a real hoot. An awesome lady.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  3. Ohhh how lucky you are to have the new book. The louise cake looks awesome, and your grandmother looks quite the character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie I am lucky to get the new book aye - it really is a wonderful read. I'll make some savoury things from it this week.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  4. That's exciting Leanne! I bought Annabel's book "Assemble" some years ago and fell in love with her fresh-is-best cooking, I now have the seasonal one and saw her on ABC TV. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose Annabel's tv show that featured a lot of NZ countryside I really enjoyed. Her garden looks rather beautiful.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  5. Lovely post! How cool to see your Grandma on the trolley with her slippers on - sounds like the sort of grandma I want to be!! And how cool that you have her cooking utensils!! As I am hoping here will be the occasional gf recipe I look forward to hearing more about your adventures with Annabel's book!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered if anyone would of seen grandma's slippers LOL.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  6. Your grandma looks like so much fun, little wonder you have such precious memories of her.... looks like you're going to have lots of fun with Annabels book too.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my grandma was a lot of fun - I used to love spending time with her. I'll do some more cooking from Annabels book this week - dinner meals.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  7. Your grandmother sounds awesome and a lot like mine. She was adventurous and loved to cook, but not bake. Lovely photos and now I'm a little hungry :)

    ReplyDelete

I