Thursday, 24 October 2013

Herb of the week - Globe artichokes

 Pretty thrilled with the first globe artichokes harvest of the year.
Nothing like freshly picked,  cooked and then dunking in garlic butter or garlic olive oil. Eating with ones fingers and using your teeth to get every last bit out of the leaves, then  munching ones way down to the heart. yum!

I LOVE SPRING!


The garden is producing bountifully - I had to laugh taking photos as the animals kept photo bombing.

 See what I mean - here comes Molly

 And the lamb LOL

 OOPS Molly scored big time - my basket toppled and in rolled an artichoke


Munch, munch, munch

Sly old Molly goat!


8 comments:

  1. did you possibly mix asparagus up with artichokes? haha! either way, i love both of them and i would die for fresh artichokes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I have - I quickly posted it last night before bed - better go change my wording aye LOL

      Delete
  2. hahaha...you are so funny. i bet molly would eat asparagus too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your lettuce is so far ahead of ours. The bike light is a sure winner!!! I posted it off to grandson, and he is so thrilled, and says, also, many ,many thanks. it will be used so much as lots of his training in the Redwoods is when darkness falls. Can you smell the smoke from the fires in NSW? We can. Greetings to all, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James's garden is doing so well - we are picking lettuce from it most days - spinach nearly ready. Lovely green cauli. But the broad beans have had plenty of flowers just no beans yet - seems very late. Weeds growing too - I had a lot of trouble staying inside yesterday to study I sure wanted to be in the garden.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  4. Hahaha!!!!!!!!! It's so fun to see produce in your part of the world. The earth up here in the northern hemisphere is ready to take a nap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is amazing isn't it seeing the differences.
      Love Leanne

      Delete

I