Sunday, 6 October 2013

At the Farm Stay


Monty got to stay an extra night. the family had grandma and grandad looking after the children - mum and dad were off to WOW (lucky aye) which would of meant Monty would be home alone on his first night home.

 So we got to have extra snuggles with Monty - weren't we lucky.



Fred is with us for another week. he had his nails groomed today (and Monty too)

 Fred has stopped over grooming himself and his fur is starting to grow back in - thanks to some Bach remedies.

 Fred is such a big baby and adores being carried around like one.

Please excuse my dirty fingers - I know I should wear gardening gloves - but there really isn't anything better than getting your hands in the earth.

I spent the day in the garden weeding. The New Moon was on Friday so dormant time to be planting...the vegetable gardens are nearly weed free ready for the spring planting to begin.

My head phones were on my head and my new story on audio is Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. It is a mystery thriller, not normally a genre I would choose.  Some of the language is a bit ripe - just as well I have head phones on while listening as even the birds and the bees would blush. The book has grabbed me and I'm trying to work out who dunnit... I think I know but I suppose I have to wait to finish it to find out.(Unless you have read it and I can ask you is it, better email my question to you as I'd hate to spoil it for anyone..........
I hope the weather is fine tomorrow so I can sneak some more gardening and audio book listening.

8 comments:

  1. Monty is so beautiful!
    Glad to hear Fred's hair is growing back, this is slow going with Brian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leeanne it can be slow to break the habit - bit like kids chewing fingernails.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  2. That's great about Fred's hair! What did you use? Enjoy your book, I have not read it. I have tried books on tape but find my mind wandering so paper it is. My mom loves them though and checks them out from her library when she travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy I love books on tape only way I get to read these days, it lets me multi task SMILE.
      I used crab apple Bach remedy on Fred.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  3. Your blog is really lovely Leanne ... so are your photos, gosh wish I could take pics like that. Just love the cat pics. Yes I too have dirty fingernails from gardening - have the best intentions to wear gloves, but lose them along the way. Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie - thank you - the blog can be quite random at times...I love my new camera so easy to point and shoot - getting cat photos one of the kids help me. Friends have given up buying me gardening gloves, they still buy me hand cream LOL. Can't ever see myself getting false nails in my life time.

      Love Leanne

      Delete
  4. I've read this book and I must say it ending is the most chilling end to a book I've ever read. I'm not giving any clues away though!
    Monty and Fred really love their cuddles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leeann - I am loathing this book as the content at times is yuck! BUT the twist and turns have me addicted - I spent the whole day in the garden yesterday listening to it. I haven;t had a book in a long time that totally consumed my time. Have to do study today so not much time for listening today. I have NO idea HOW the book is going to end - just how I like a book.
      Love Leanne

      Delete

I