Tuesday, 22 October 2013

An old goat should know better


Poor old Molly goat (age 14) should know by now that an area fenced off means it is not for goats to access. In this case there's a new chestnut tree on the other side of the fence = Not for goats


But No - The grass is always greener on the other side and she has to try and get to the tree she is not allowed.
How long she had her head stuck we don't know - was it over night or just this morning? Lucky Tex the ram isn't about any more or Molly would have got shunted further into the fence.
Anyway both of us were out there first thing this morning to the rescue in our PJs and gum boots.

 Molly's pride was quite hurt..That's enough photos


Never mind she has got over it and is already smiling like a Cheshire goat.

11 comments:

  1. awwww...poor molly! i'm glad she is okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molly is a NAUGHTY old goat. She was fine just a tad embarrassed.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  2. Soaking as another old goat, Capricorn, we do know better but we are stubborn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I'm a Capricorn too - maybe that is why I love Molly so much aye?
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  3. Belated Best Wishes on your Anniversary.
    It's strange how animals can figure out how to turn their head to go forward but never in reverse. They always struggle when you twist their head to try and help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Molly struggles away - the amount of times she has had her head stuck just cos she wants what is on the side of fence.... AND we have heaps of grass here at the moment so she only being piggy.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  4. "smiling like a Cheshire goat" Ha ha ha!

    Leanne have you come across www.petite-kitchen.com ? I warn you: it's a Kiwi blog, fresh wholefood, seasonal ingredients, wheat free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have, a lot of her food we can't eat - as she uses nuts and eggs. I should share more of what we do eat aye. - Mainly 3 meals a day based around fresh fruit and veges and meat. I'll post my tabouleh recipe over weekend I use rice and it's rather scrummy. Actually I'll try and make one day a weeks post on food we eat. I did globe artichokes this morning - that I grow - and I just gently boil, cut up garlic, dairy free members get a bowl of olive oil with garlic to dunk leaves in and ones that eat butter have a bowl of butter. Very simple food really not what I think people want to read about?
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  5. I guess I now know the reason why they say "stubborn old goat!" LOL...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molly is a character and one of my all time favourite critters that live here.
      Love Leanne

      Delete

I