Thursday, 26 September 2013

Yarn along

Knitting

Abbey has finished the back of her 100% cotton cardy - a Jo Sharp pattern.

Books


On audio this week for me is the 115 year old novel What Maisie Knew by Henry James.

The movie currently out is based on the book
I enjoyed the movie very much 4/5 that I wanted to read/ hear the original story.


Brent is listening to Flight Behavior on his way to and from work. I enjoy that we share audio books.and this book is causing lots of conversation about global warming and climate change..


“You never knew which split second might be the zigzag bolt dividing all that went before from the everything that comes next.” 

Loved this quote!

 I didn't like the ending of Flight Behavior so it got a 3.5/5 from me.


Brent has listened to all of the Game of Thrones series that is on audio and very much enjoyed them. Abbey has now picked up the series and is also hooked.

What are you reading/listening to audio this week? 

Linking up with Yarn Along.

10 comments:

  1. i really want to see this movie. it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A sober movie but very memorable. The acting and screen shots are really well done. The book is different from the movie - both in a good way. Love Leanne

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Isn't it a pretty colour will go with soo many things.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  3. WTG Abbey! That was quick work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose I am so thrilled her previous knitting didn't put her off knitting for herself. I don;t think this cardy will fit me - shame!
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  4. The book that I am reading is America cheapest family enjoyable reading. Hope the pattern is more to your sizing Abbey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds my kinda book - I'm such a tight wad. Went out for lunch (treat) the 3 of us had a small kabab 2 drinks 1 small pack of Turkish delight over $40.00 WOW half my organic vege budget per week gone in one lunch. I just can't enjoy eating out. But if you took me to a garden shop I don't seem to blink an eye at buying a fruit tree worth $40.00 SMILE.....

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed What Masie Knew too (the movie). I loved the wee girl, and that she could see things clearer than the adults, especially her parents who were pretty horrible.

    I haven't done any audio books, but have downloaded bbc desert Island discs podcasts on my ipod and love listening to them. Thirty minutes with a range of famous people, talking about their fave songs and their lives. I think you guys would enjoy listening to them.

    Julie and Poppy Q
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank you! I will go find them and download.
      I thought the little girl in What Maisie Knew was a great little actor and the screen shots they got of her were fab. The book is different but in a good way too - I think you would like the book too. Has a lot more about the old nanny

      Love Leanne

      Delete

I