Monday, 23 September 2013

Welcome Spring

Good Morning and Hello SPRING!



I've been sitting outside this morning with the old fella Mack,  having my cuppa, the sun is still to rise and the birds are up, singing their hearts out
Totally BEST part of the day.

The Spring Equinox, also named Ostara, Esotre and the Vernal Equinox is a special day as an equinox only occurs twice a year (March and September)  where every place on earth will experience night and day as nearly exactly the same length ie 12 hours each day and night.

Spring is nature's way of saying,
"Let's party!"

  ~Robin Williams


The Spring Equinox sun will rise exactly in the east and travel through the sky for 12 hours and will set exactly in the west. For Northern Hemisphere friends, the sun will also rise in the east for 12 hours and set in the west, but as the sun goes below the equator it is their Autumn Equinox also named Mabon.

After trying to grow nettle and failed many times because Molly goat would eat it all - I have nettle that has self seeded in my vegetable garden



No matter how long the winter,
spring is sure to follow
 ~Proverb


I guess my herbal ally for spring has found me.

All through the long winter, I dream of my garden.
On the first day of spring,
 I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth.
I can feel its energy,
 and my spirits soar.

Helen Hayes


We will also acknowledge the turn of the wheel in our normal fashion with a celebration meal - all home grown and if we get organised enough a bonfire will be lit tonight to eat around.

The vote was in of what meat to have - home grown lamb, goose or rooster.

The rooster it is.. - That'll teach the nastiest rooster on earth to attack us!
However Prince the rooster could have the last laugh and be a tough old fella - I'll be slow cooking him just in case.

Linking up with Mosaic Monday

11 comments:

  1. happy spring! better you than me! i am having a wonderful fall day and have my sweat pants and sweat shirt on and socks for the first time in months! a good use for that nasty rooster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you can have winter any day SMILE. Daylight savings starts here this coming weekend - yea ha more time in the garden each evening - I'm often still pottering about at 9pm in summer.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  2. Yay, spring is wonderful isn't it! Enjoy the meal tonight... hope he isn't too chewy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Nicky it is awful cooking him. He didn't fit in pot so I pushed him in and then as I put hot water on him his little arm popped up saying HELP.Talk about screams in the kitchen. I so wish he has been a nice rooster like my old Rory rooster.

      Love Leanne

      Delete
  3. It's amazing to know as we head into autumn, our neighbours far to the south are entering spring. Bon appetit for your celebration meal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Spring! I wish we could have spring all year long! Such a beautiful time of the year. Enjoy your week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Leanne,

    Please send some of your Spring weather over here. More storms each day. My Mum is having Nettle tea for her arthritis at the moment.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty pos. Enjoy your feast tonight, I hope you don't need steak knives!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Leeanne

    How nice to meet up with another kiwi at Mary's Mosaic Monday.
    AND coincidentally we both did a tulip post - how weird is that!!!
    Your red tulips are wonderful and make such a vibrant mosaic.

    I'm following you now and look forward to your next post!

    Wishing you a happy week
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me again Leeanne - I couldn't find your followers linky so I left a comment on FB!
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Spring to you! :) We are welcoming Fall. All seasons bring new excitment don't they? Happy Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete

I