Saturday, 7 September 2013

Oh NO!

 Molly the goat can never do any wrong in my eyes.

 She is old and just got confused at which side of the fence she should of been on

 Even tho James is growing broccoli flowers for Molly goat (her favourite normally) she thought she would help sample James' cabbages.

James was not pleased.

Cottage Tails Farm Stay Guests...


Fred is looking most embarrassed for this photo shoot - exposing his little habit for all the world to see.
Fred  over grooms - he pulls out his fur around his tummy, it's just something he does. Our cat Laura (not related to Fred, Fred is Lordy's brother) used to over groom every time she had kittens. The boredom (we think) of having to lie still and let the kittens feed would always start the habit. The vet thought it could be hormones with her too. Now she is retired she no longer over grooms.
 I am not a vet and you should always check any concerns with your vet as Fred's family has done. Fred is happy, relaxed and not a nervy cat at all. Nor is our Laura. The over licking  seems to become a habit - a bit like twisting ones hair or biting fingernails in humans.
I've started Fred on some Bach Crab Apple it may just help with his over grooming - wouldn't it be wonderful if he can go home with this little habit broken. Just two drops in his water morning and night  and by placing a few drops on Fred's head which I gently rub  in around his crown of his head and around his ears. Ooh la la most cats enjoy this little massage.


Fred is being a dream guest and talks nicely to Beau and Sienna


and is a wonderful smoochy boy.


16 comments:

  1. he sure seems like quite a character!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Fred IS - I'll try and get some lovely photos of Sienna and Beau who are also staying here. I'm really enjoying all of the cats visits they are relaxed and all getting on well.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  2. OOh I'd like a cuddle with Fred x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fred likes nothing more - he would have me sit all day and snuggle with him.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  3. Wow you have a goat. I'd LOVE a goat to milk but not enough room on our property. :( Mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SMile yes we have many critters - we have over 3 acres and the neighbours have just offered us some of their land - lots to think about of what we will put in there. Goats are fun if you can keep them in. Molly had kids when she was younger and we milked her, her young ones were very hard to keep in. We had to replace many rose bushes of the neighbours....
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  4. My brother always says to plant enough to share with the critters---they will have their samples, no matter what. :) Oh la la, girl, I have not been to visit with you in a while now, and look at those lovely shoes AND Eleanor Schwinn---oh my oh my they do make my little heart beat fast. :D As do those lovely felines. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw hello Angie - I am so pleased you found us. I'm off to catch up with you.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  5. Molly goat how boring would life be without you lol
    Wow are all mandaburms so big. He is s smoochy boy.
    I just bought some rescue remedy for bella and myself for whenninhave to leave her at cattery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela - I do so love Molly and all the family said if it had been any other critter in the garden they would of been in trouble! Yes MandaBurms should be big they should be solid and heavy to pick up but not fat.
      If I lived closer I'd make you up a potion - for Bella - Aspen for unknown fears at a cattery and walnut to help her adjust to the change. If she is a needy clingy cat I'd also put in chicory.
      For you Mimulus for known worries of Bella being in a cattery and also Red Chestnut. Do yell if you want a hand fine tuning these.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  6. Oh Molly! Lucky she has you on her side! So interesting to read about Fred. As I just took our cat Brian to the vet because he is going bald around his hind quarters & tummy.Brian has an allergy to flea saliva. The vet says he is seeing this more & more in Northland, the fleas are very bad here, the humidity I guess. I have Bach crab apple, so I will use that as well what the vet prescribed.
    Love your bike, it's good to match the bike with the boots! Mine would have to be red, although I don't have red boots, just dream about them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura and Fred don't have fleas - our vet ALWAYS gets a fine tooth comb out to look for fleas on my cats - just to tease and wind me up... But yes over grooming can be from flea saliva. The crab apple will not harm Brian and totally worth a go.

      I keep telling Brent that this bike is actually going to cost him a lot of money as I will need new clothes as I get fitter... including new shoes and new Doc Martins. He replied that my feet won't change size but I finally got him to understand that all the new clothes will not match just purple boots I'll need red Doc Martins and green Doc Martins too. SMILE.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  7. Poor goat, stuck inside the fence with all those yummy veges! I have an award for you at my place, hope it also sends everyone to the new site! http://movingontothepast.blogspot.com/2013/09/seven-things.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molly did know she was being a bit naughty - she is clever like that. Thanks for the award I'll pop over now to your place.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  8. We will have to try the Bach Crab Apple. Our son gifted us with his 2 cats and they aren't in love with our puppy. Bear does the over grooming thing on his belly. Anything is worth a try.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. crab apple might help but you may also find a few more remedy's helpful - beech for intolerance of the puppy, Holly if the cats are jealous of the puppy.
      Love Leanne

      Delete

I