Monday, 16 September 2013

Korimako

I was totally thrilled to get a Korimako/ Bellbird photo. They are common in many parts of New Zealand but not so common around Wellington area and I have never got a photo before. 


They are classed as honey eaters just like the Tui but they also eat fruit and insects.
They are fast, busy birds just like our fantails, I was shaking with excitement that I had my camera on me. The many native trees Brent and James have planted are making our home a haven for the native birds.
 BIG BUZZ!

Like the kiwi the Korimako/Bellbird is found no where else in the world.

I popped over to NZExposed.co.nz to see if Chris had any photos of a Korimako and sure enough he has.
Chris is well worth following - he has a facebook page too. I love his work!!!


I met Chris when James, Eva and I went with Chris and Mark sky watching - here's Eva's report do click on it to see more photos!


Mark Gee took both the above photos (James and I are in both)
Mark photographs the night sky - He is well worth following!
He also has a facebook page.His website is here.
Two very talented kiwi photographers!

Ahh I found you a you tube of the Bellbird song. It is very similar to the tui.

Linking up with Skywatch and NF Winged.


14 comments:

  1. that bird has such a beautiful song. and that sky...wowzers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have beautiful birds in NZ - I will try and get a video recording of a dawn chorus - truly is beautiful and best part of the day.

      Mark Gee and Chris both take amazing photos hope you get time to pop over and see their work I think you will love their websites.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  2. I share your thrill Leanne. And well done on the photos. As you say they are very fast movers.
    We had 4 Tui in a very spindly teenaged kowhai tree in the garden yesterday - simple JOY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is a big buzz aye! Our baby kowhai has some flowers on it - I'll try and get a photo today it looks soo cute. I can't comment on wordpress blogs - I don't know what I have done with my setting changing blogs. WACK head. I think you will love Chris's photos hope you have found him.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  3. What a thrill to snap a bellbird. Well caught!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really thrilling I do hope I see more here.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  4. Such a beautiful sound, and some great shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they are darling sounds... The dawn chorus is just starting now.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  5. Well done with the bird spotting and awesome photos!! Your Kowhai is looking lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure love kowhai I think Brent has planted 5 and has plans for many more - we hope to put natives along both sides of property's once the pine trees come down.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  6. I'm here! I didn't save your blog properly in Feedly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose glad you found us! I have also muched up the bloglovin following thingy me jig and lost the link for people to follow and I have lost some fav blogs.
      SIGH
      You will be sad to hear Mack isn't too good we will try and get him into our vet today - he's had me up again since 2.30am wanting in and out. He seems sore - but also playing on it a little bit me thinks. Doesn't help that I give him a biscuit so he barks for more...

      Love Leanne

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful catch, I also love the light and beautiful flowers. Great images, indeed!
    Mark's night sky image is gorgeous, grand sight.

    Happy Skywatch,
    Merisi

    ReplyDelete

I