Friday, 13 September 2013

Friggatriskaidekaphobia


The fear of Friday the 13th is called friggatriskaidekaphobia - "Frigg" is the Norse goddess whom Friday is named after and "triskaidekaphobia" means the fear of "13".



There is lots of folklore's and superstition about black cats, some even see black cats as unlucky 

GASP!


Some people consider it is bad luck if a black cat crosses their path. 

 
 If a black cat walks towards someone, that person will have bad luck.
If a black cat walks away from someone then that person will have good luck.

"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere."
 Groucho Marx

Sometimes it happens that a black cat just lets you pass in front of it
.
It is claimed Pope Gregory IX (1147-1241) hated cats and started the feline holocaust that would last almost five hundred years. In a Papal Bull (1233) he condemned the black cat as diabolic and thereby giving his blessing to the torture and killing/burning of cats



Black cats have often been looked upon as a symbol of evil omens,
specifically being suspected of being the
 familiars of witches.


In ancient times black cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this



Black is slimming, holding your black cat will make you look slimmer.

Black cats are like potato chips, you can't just have one.


Black cat lovers turn into cat collectors
We like black cats

12 comments:

  1. i love black cats and i have no bad feelings about friday the 13th's either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love any colour cat - a special spot for ginger cats which will be my next cat... (not in any hurry) I always think 13 is lucky for some and will be taking a lotto today, something I don't usually do. SMILE.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos, with the words below, and so true. Who could resist a black cat? Cheers to all, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cats we bred were jet black not a hint of brown undertones just stunning. All the photos are of cats we have bred.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  3. so do I! especially your black cats, as they are so shiny and silky and have those amazing eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kath when I see all the cats coming back to stay I do regret stopping breeding we had a wonderful line. But then I look at Lordy and know I couldn't ever keep another stud cat for breeding it can be a lonely life for the stud cats.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  4. Stunning cats, but I am tabby lover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a cat lover - any cat... and I make sure that poodle knows it.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  5. All cats are beautiful, black ones especially. Love them all.
    Happy Friday 13th, always been lucky for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lucky for me too - I forgot to get around to buying a lotto - my numbers didn't come up this week so I saved me cash. LOL
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  6. I shall hold 10 black cats and start looking really good! How many pounds slimmer will each make me look? LOL! We used to have a black cat and evil was not in its nature. I had to rescue it from a big, bad blue jay that was dive bombing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww the poor wee cat being dive bombed on I bet he has never caught a bird in his life after that - would put the fear of birds in him. I still can;t watch the movie The birds by Alfred Hitchcock. SHUDDER
      Love Leanne

      Delete

I