Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Farm Fashion


I'm not sure I could ever live in suburbia again and have neighbours "see" me.
The fashion sights I get myself into.
Flying out the back-door with my broom, wearing my dressing gown, unable to find my garden clogs due to Miss Stella stealing MY shoe again. (Stella only touches MY garden shoes)
Hence the farm fashion statement of one garden clog on and one red band gumboot to shoo jolly Gus Gander back into his area and out of the vegetable garden..


Gus and I have an understanding. He is only still here because Brent is his advocate.
Keeping Gus also means we probably will always have to have a lifestyle block as geese can live up to 24 years. I bet Gus will, just to spite me, beat the Guinness world record of the oldest gander named George who lived until he was 49 years and 8 months.
Gus knows he has a forever home here and plays on it. I take no chances with him, hence my trusty broom is in my hand when I take on Gus. I pity any burglar that enters our property, especially at the moment with Geraldine laying eggs.

 We keep taking away Geraldine's eggs and she keeps laying them.

 I did have a weak moment and said to Brent oooh shall we let them have some more babies.
They were sooo cute!


Gus and Geraldine were excellent parents and so loved raising their gosling's....
But the thought of having to organise doing the deed is just not in me again.

18 comments:

  1. Love your look!!! As a farmgirl from wayback, I can relate!!
    Repeat after me..."we do not want more goslings, we do not want more goslings..." and enjoy using your goose eggs for baking!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SMILE Yes the eggs have been used in bacon n egg pie and a carrot cake so far. It's food we don't normally eat but good for Brent's lunches.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  2. Beautiful small yellow bundles of fluff, but do they grow!!! I, too enjoy our privacy, no-one too near to see me in not-too-flash gardening gear. Greetings from Jean, p.s. hope the
    " Purple Velocipede" is going well. Greetings from Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep me purple machine is being used, not going for a ride today in this wind PHEW.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  3. I don 't live on a farm or lifestyle block & I can relate too!
    Cute we yellow bundles of fluff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only MY garden shoes Stella steals and she jolly well knows she is not allowed to touch shoes.....
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  4. omg...if anyone ever saw me out in my gardens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SMILE. I always like people to tell me what time they are dropping off cats - the first few visits I usually changes but as I get to know the owners they get me as is dirt n all.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  5. LOL Leanne!! I don't give a toss who sees me and I live in suburbia. Hey, I went past your house several times last week while I was down your way. I so would have loved to have caught up with you but know you are a busy woman (chasing Gus LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smile it's always a tad creepy when people work out where we live - but I suppose with photos on blog it probably isn't hard to work out - there is not many place with a 1900 villa and american style barn about. Next time give me a call email as it is nice to take a break.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
    2. I wasn't stalking you Leanne! Just happened to be on the road that goes past your place. I "felt" it more than seeing it, if you know what I mean. Like a spiritual connection, if that's makes sense. I'm hoping to come down again in November and will def organise a catch up. {{hugs}}

      Delete
    3. WOW you are down here a lot is it for your course? You might move down our way.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  6. Hahah I have been out slide in my dressing gown and odd shoes my self. I think it's just part of the charm of living In a semi rural area lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL glad to know I am in a dress code then SMILE.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  7. Nope...couldn't do the deed either!
    Wish we lived in the country...sigh...
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna I love having land totally worth all the hard work and dirty finger nails. SMILE.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Gus is such a character, he knows he is not allowed in the vegetable garden. I must look a sight flying out the back door with me broom.
      Love Leanne

      Delete

I