Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Exercise, tulips and cats - what more does a gal need?

Naturopath in training



One challenge in the Naturopath course is to find 10 things you wish to improve on for your own health. I've not just written about the items in my assignment but I'm going to tackle them. My first one on the list is more exercise.

 I'll admit it, exercise has never been my thing...but I've got a wonderful bike,  made up a plan of what days and times I will ride my bike. Once I get out the gate I actually enjoy my bike ride.(Ok I'll admit I am also pleased I don't have to go on my bike today in this wind)

 I've download this jazzy app to my Iphone called a cyclemeter. It maps my routes, tells me my times, distance and speed. Rather fun!

Garden....

We have a gusty wind, sure hope my tulips can hold on tight and the tulips at the Wellington Botanical gardens do too. I do so enjoy going every year to Tulip Sunday

Cottage Tails Farm Stay Visitors

Fred is a character I might just have to buy a camera for in the cattery - he fascinates me as every morning all of his blankets are heaped on the floor. Every morning I remake his bed and all day he keeps his room tidy - but come night time he rearranges his room just how he likes it.

Beau and Sienna go home today - they have been fine staying here and they seem to remember my routine. I think it helps that  I know just how they like their bed made. They sleep at night in the igloo with hottie under second layer of their polar fleece and they like their quilt rolled up in a semi circle so it's like a nest that they then both snuggle on in together.

Beau is a bit bossy with the food - I give them separate bowls and well away from each other but Beau always has to come over to his sisters Sienna to have a wee taste from her bowl too.

Beau is picked up and put back to his bowl - full supervision is needed at feeding time with this Beau. Sienna is such a gentle girl she would let Beau eat both portions.

14 comments:

  1. Hope you stay tied down firmly, no real wind here yet, maybe later as Dan ( TV weather) says it is very slow moving. Your tulips are way ahead of my tall ones. Cheers to all, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wind hasn't hit us here yet too - didn't the poor South Island take a hammering.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  2. this has been such a weird summer.we have had almost no wind or breezes at all.today is sweltering hot and humid but there is a slight breeze which promises fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had a mild winter - you would of felt very cheated - ME I love it as I'm a sun loving warmth gal.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  3. crazy as windy here last night my window blew open I almost had kittens!!! You're on such a role wow blogs everyday! I'm loving it Mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that would of been really scary with a window blowing in. I posted your Nga Manu voucher yesterday hopefully it will arrive today. I usually blog daily - friends always push me to. It is also a kind of therapy SMILE as I blog through rose tinted windows - totally amazing how when you focus on the good things just how many you can find. Saying that the next few days posts are going to be a bit bleak, Some days are just too hard to blog through rose coloured lenses when shit happens..
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  4. We had scary winds here too! Keep a look out for flying houses lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We missed the brunt of the storm but the storm was pretty wicked - hope you ok over there.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  5. I love Fred, especially that little nick in his ear, it gives him character! he looks like a bit of a tomboy, getting into adventures and scrapes :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't Fred just awesome. I sometimes regret still not breeding we had a beautiful line.
      LOve Leanne

      Delete
  6. Funny how cats like their beds just so. At the moment I have had to put my big plush blanket back on the bed. Miss Pops likes a tshirt on top, and is quite happy to stay on that.

    Glad you are enjoying the bike rides. Hopefully there is some calm days after this storm.

    Julie and Poppy Q
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get some photos of my Laura who sleeps in our bed every night - she has a collection of strings and we have a game of playing string every night before she tucks up under the covers in my arms to sleep. You can set your clock to Laura and her string games.
      Bike ride today - once I get out the gate I enjoy myself it's just the thought of exercise I don't like smile. They say it takes 21 days to make something a habit.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  7. Hang in there tulips! Maybe they are leaning to support Team NZ in the Americas Cup!
    If the wind get too bad you may have to rush out and pick them to save their blooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nearly picked them - but I so prefer flowers in the garden they last longer. Thankfully they all held up and we didn't get too much wind, I felt for the folks south of us.
      Love Leanne

      Delete

I